Chapter 5

"Will you hit a guy in a wheelchair?" Ben asked with sarcasm to Bruno.

Of course, that Bruno would not do that. Who would be crazy to hit a paraplegic boy? At least he would not be able to do this with all the students staring at him. He looked at the sides, shortly afterward, he looked at the floor, and again he looked at the sides. Yes, the students were all there. They looked at Ben that had a naughty smile on face. Bruno was so pale that his face looked like a sheet of paper.

He decided to swallow his pride of terrible person and then turned his back. He went into the crowd of curious students.

"This is the power of the wheelchair!" Ben said and hit twice on the wheels of the chair.

Carla and I looked at each other by the phrase said for Benjamin. He was an idiot. I knew that. I always knew, but I never wanted to admit. Only this time he had done something right in my favor. I straightened my glasses, crossed my arms and I thanked him.

"Thank you!" I said and bent down to take the paper that Bruno had glued on my back. I am retarded just as my mother is, it had written in it.

I hated when they did that. All right, when the people speak about me, but when they speak about my mother, I got upset. I get upset, was not the right phrase to use, but sadness defined this moment well.

I wanted to be alone and cry in secret. I wanted to dive into my sea of sorrows. I had to do this before the tears rolled down my face. I left the crowd, and I went to hide me in the bathroom. I bumped into a girl at the entrance. I stayed there for some minutes until Carla appears.

"Elle!" Carla said when she knocked on the door. "The bell has already ringed."

"I know. I will go later," I said with a crying voice.

"Are you crying again because of these idiots?"

"I already said. I will go later."

"I found you," A male voice said from the other side of the door. It was Ben's male voice, to be exact.

"What are you doing here? That is the women's bathroom," Carla said with a slightly exalted voice.

"I know how to read. Now, excuse me," I listened Ben said to Carla. "Elle! I know you are there."

"She doesn't want to get out of there," Carla responded for me.

What was he doing here? It is not only because he is disabled, that he could use this to invade the women's bathroom.

"All right, I can tell the teacher that you are late because you had to help me in the bathroom."

"What?" I opened the door immediately when I was listening to the absurdity that Benjamin had said. He looked at me intrigued. I know I must sound awful, but he could at least disguise.

My face must be red, my eye is swollen and to get worse I have a runny nose.

"I have seen you in better conditions."

"How can you be so... So..."

"What?" Ben asked me and winked at me. I hated when he did this.

"Unpleasant," I finally conclude. "This place is prohibited to you."

"I just came to see how you were," Did he come to see how I was? Ben did not seem to care about my existence, and now he looked worried about me. I just could not understand which of the two Ben the real one is.

"I think it is better you go away before somebody else enters the bathroom," I suggested.

"I agree with her," Carla said.