End

Must've been eternity before officials came scooping Michael and I away from each other. I didn't move or open my eyes. I had no desire to act awake in a world where he isn't in it. That is until I heard Laurie's sweet voice beg me awake.

"Audrey? Please be alive." I felt a warm tear hit my forehead.

"Ma'am I advice you to step back she's now a fugitive." A male voice addresses its concern.

"No she's not she's my friend!" She yelled in anger. I finally opened my eye's and seen that my head was on her lap.

"Laurie..you need to get away." I huskily whisper, bringing her tear filled face back to me.

"Audrey." She smiled running her fingers through my hair.

"I'm not safe to be around." I warn.

"What's going to happen to us?" She asks in a child like tone.

"Me. Paying for what I've done tonight. You. You're going to go far away and forget." I say between groans of pain.

Laurie shook her head not wanting to accept it. I didn't say anything more until a medical official took Laurie away. I give her a look to go willingly, she kept her eye's on me until the wheel chair turned her away down the hall.
Other medical officials check my pulses and such bandaging what they could. Once I was prepped I was hoisted up into a chair too with an officer stating my rights.
I paid no mind to anything. I closed my eyes again, trying to keep the empty thoughts away, fighting the huge hole punching in my chest.
It drowned out in the crowd of conniving reporters. Their yells and questions were so aggravating.
Then I hear her name again, opening my eyes. I see her getting into the back of an ambulance across the parking lot. Reporters surrounding her as well but kept farther back then the ones were around me.
I watched them close the doors and drive off taking the last person I ever cared about away from me. As soon as the vehicle was swallowed by the fog I shut my eyes again.

Later~

I was sitting in a interrogation room, eyes still shut. I was fighting the images and sounds rushing inside my head. They had me sitting in there for a long time. I was still a mess of blood.
Suddenly a buzz goes off, the door opens but I keep my eyes shut.

"Good morning, Ms. Anderson." Mr. Brackett's voice filled the room of loud silence.

"May I sit?" He asks as if it's a step by step to interrogation. And he sits anyways.

I could feel his eyes on me, mine were still shut but I breathed a little deeply. Not exaggeratively.

"How did you get mixed into all of this Audrey?" He asks in a friendly tone now, my eyes stayed shut.

"I can't help you if you won't answer Audrey." He pries again, still no answer from me.

"He won't hurt you now, you can tell-." My eyes opened at the mentioning of Michael. It stopped Mr. Brackett mid sentence.

"Did he make you help him Audrey?"

".. No."

"Are you sure?"

".. Yes."

"Then why? Why did all of this happen?"

"Because. ..I fell in love."

There was a shock in his face almost disgusted. I closed my eyes slowly and faced the scary images again behind them.
I heard Mr. Brackett rub his face and get up exiting the room. Then two pairs of footsteps cage in cuffing me and taking me out. I was placed in a cell sitting on the bunk criss cross. Eyes still shut.

I stayed that way not eating or sleeping for at least a few days. To me they passed like hours. I had no will to live but I just didn't die. I only wanted to see the horrid bloody images of Michael and his victims that were playing behind my eyelids.
A crank at the door came next possibly on day five. A seat was placed and I heard a man sit on it. Making himself comfortable.

"Ms. Anderson, I'm Dr. Wynn. The court issued that since you have a clean record up until now you could make bail. Since due to the fact you haven't eaten or seem to have gotten sleep since then, we took it under the fact of guilt." He paused to see how I would react. I had no initial response.

"Now it seems that you won't be making any sort of recovery any time soon. So you're under my care. We'll be going back to Smiths Grove.." I opened my eyes immediately. I jumped up from my bunk proceeding to attack him. Guards behind him bonded me.

"I am not a mental case!" I sneered.

"Then I guess my first suggestion may be accepted now." Mr. Wynn fixed his jacket.

"Electric shock therapy. Only way to make you forget and to go back to the life you had. Probably what we should've done with Loomis a long time ago." He ran a hand through his hair fixing it before exiting the doorway.

"No..no!!" I started pulling and struggling! I couldn't forget about him! I couldn't!

They dragged me out into the hall where a wheelchair awaited. They restrained me to it keeping me in a stiff upright position.
I was taken to a room where my worn out struggles slowed down. There were doctors all around a table prepping machinery I've never seen before. I started to struggle in tears now.

"No! Nooo!!" I yell.

"Okay Ms. Anderson under court order we're going to be sending electric shocks through your brain to rid these memories. That way under supervision you may live a filled life of peace. It'll only take a few minutes." The doctors says as guards took me out of the chair and carried me to the table.

"Stop! No! Please!!" I kicked and thrashed until my body hit the cold table.

They placed a mouth guard in my mouth. My cries were muffled around it. I was restrained to the table. And two fuzzed ends of a tool were placed at each side of my head. I froze in fear.

"Ready? Go." The doctor orders.

Electricity surged through my body. My brain felt like it was toasting into mush. I almost couldn't breathe, I bit down hard into the guard. My body shook violently against the table. I gave it my all to keep Michael's face intact to me.
It stopped for a mere precious second.

"Stabilizing, wait, and go." Again my body shook.

As it did I was staring almost directly into the ceiling light. Images of Michael started burning like a cinema film on fire. My voice gurgled.
Everything that lead up to now burned slowly as if a forest fire. Burning all life as I knew it into ashes.
Michael's touch, voice, his face. All disappearing. As soon as that did my body slowed down its violent thrashing. I was disoriented.

"Okay." The shocks stop.

"No! We need to make sure, keep going." Dr. Wynn orders.

"But sir?" The doctor starts.

"Do it!" He yells.

"Okay lower power, wait, and..go."

I could barely feel after that. I could only remember a rubber mask's face. Except not recognize the reason behind it. I only let the electricity burn inside me as if that is the only reason keeping me alive. It went on until the doctor advised it was enough.
My ear's were ringing and my sight went hazy. Figures all around me moved and and touched me.

My eye's' stayed into the light. Nurses checked my vitals, doctor gives the okay. I was picked up and put into a rolling hospital bed, rolling again back down a long hall.

I let the light blind me, I didn't move. I couldn't comprehend anything. Instead of it going dark it went bright white. And it stayed that way for a long time. Opening up a new chapter to my life.

And that my lovelies, is the end to book one! Woo! We made it! Yes very depressing end but trust me my readers our Audrey and Michael will find each other.
I'd like to thank you all for appreciating my work. It means so much! I was encouraged to do the whole franchise but I will be making a lot of changes for it to be my own story enough. But anyways..
Hope you liked it and leave a comment!
See you next book :]
-FL