Halloween Night: part one

Babysitting reminded me why I don't want kids. Tommy couldn't sit still for one minute! Laurie at one point was on the phone with Annie then Tommy blurted yet a name that catches my attention.

"Laurie! Audrey! It's the boogie man!" He yells from the dining room.

"What? Boogieman?" I ask getting up quickly as Tommy drags Laurie to window.

There was no one there. A part of me had my hopes up I'd see someone but then a more sinister feeling took over. As if I knew something was going to happen.

"There's no one out there Tommy." Laurie says going back to talk to Annie.

"Did you see anything Audrey?" Tommy asks me.

"No Tommy maybe it's someone playing a Halloween prank." I suggest to ease his childish fear.

Time skip-

Laurie decided to make the jack O'lantern with Tommy. I was at the table just sitting looking out the window. I seen Annie and Lindsey come across the street. I felt worried and no idea as to why.
They enter and Lindsey goes to sit with Tommy, I noticed Annie was barely dressed.

"Oh fancy." Laurie comments to her referencing to her choice in wear.

"This has not been my night." She scoffs leaning against the kitchen door way.

You and me both sweet heart.

As they talk I just sit there staring out the window again. Instead of being creepy I get my sketchbook back out.
Annie finally leaves leaving poor Laurie to be the main babysitter of the kids and I. I wasn't really any help tonight. Such a disgrace for being a twenty one year old. When I finished yet another sketch I decided to get up.

"Need any help?" I ask Laurie.

"Oh no it's okay it's better then reading." Laurie responds digging pumpkin guts out.

"The guts are so gross to me. I almost can't stand the feeling." I start a conversation.

"At least they aren't real guts am I r-." She was cut off.

"AGH! ITS THE BOOGIEMAN!" Tommy screeches Bloody Mary from the living room!

Laurie and I dash over to see the problem. Laurie holds onto Lindsey and I lay my hand on Tommy's shoulders to calm him.

"Tommy there's no one out there!" Laurie yells back having enough of the Boogieman nonsense.

At this point I had enough of shrugging it off. I knew he was out there. If he was scaring Tommy he needed to stop.
Once Laurie got Tommy and Lindsey to sit back down I stayed in my spot thinking of an excuse to leave.

"Hey I need to go out for a second I'll be back." If only I knew I wouldn't have.

I exit the house looking around. Where to look really. I took a small walk around the house, no one. Then when I looked over across the street I seen the lights dimmed on and off.

Oh no.

I skidded across the street and up the porch. I knocked waiting for a response. Receiving none I jiggled the door. It was open and I entered.

"Annie?" I ask hoping to hear she's still here.

I close the door softly behind me. It's so dark and quiet. I didn't feel scared..yet.

"Michael?" I ask blankly.

I walk around the living area I couldn't see a thing! I try the lights. Nothing, of course they wouldn't. Michael had to be here.