21 | love & lust (m)

Start from the beginning

"I should have realised the gravity of the situation," Taehyung muttered. There was a pregnant silence in the air after he responded. I stared at him in awe and in wonder at how and why I ever really mattered to this man.

He quickly pushed his hair back in sheer frustration of a sudden. My eyes widened as he had me still pressed close to him with his one hand. He sharply cursed under his breath and said, "I should have known, goddamnit. Those bruises, and you being timid when you're not drunk. I should have known."

"Taehyung," I gasped. My eyes widened if not more and I looked at him with an amount of love I couldn't ever express out in words.

"I'm sorry, Snow," he hugged me. At this point, I didn't know who was more broken. Was it me or was it him? Did I really matter that much to him? He snuggled into my shoulder more and a tingle of sensation ran down my spine so suddenly that I jolted and stiffened almost immediately. He mumbled over and over again, "I'm sorry."

My hand slowly seemed to lift itself and I wrapped my arms around him. We stayed like that for a long time. With me in Taehyung's arms for minutes altogether, my nerves ushered down a lot more. It almost made me feel. . .safe and protected, like I had no reason to worry about anymore.

Taehyung pulled apart from me, minutes before we reached his place, which he decided to take me to after I asked him to. I couldn't help but wince at the bruises that were ever so slowly making its way to visibility on his face. His lips were cut and his knuckles probably must be burning.

If anyone had to be apologising, it had to be me. I was the reason why Taehyung got dragged into this mess. I was the reason why Taehyung had a bruised lip and a probable extreme pain in his knuckles. I was the reason why Taehyung was worried now, and I couldn't feel worse than I already was.

"Are you going to cry?" Taehyung asked. His eyes bore into mine and my vision blurred more than ever. I was going to cry. It was too much for me to take in.

"Hey," Taehyung placed his grip on my chin and lifted my face slightly upwards to fixate his gaze on me. He tilted his face slightly and smiled so angelically that it almost seemed like his face was glowing.

"We all had a tough day today, but all that really matters is that we got through it. Didn't we?"

I nodded and tried smiling to ensure Taehyung that I was going to be alright. I always did end up alright. The sun did set, eventually.

The car halted in front of the lodge he was staying at. I walked out first, and Taehyung was quick to follow as soon as he offered a thanks to the man who drove us till here. Taehyung kept sneaking glances at me. It nearly seemed as if he was worried that I'd have a breakdown any minute from now.

We entered his place of rest and I realised that Jimin wasn't at home. It suddenly seemed like a blessing in disguise because this just meant one less person to explain the whole situation to.

I knew where the first aid kit was in this house. Taehyung went into the kitchen to get himself a glass of water while I rushed to the washroom, only to open the cabinets and try to pull the kit down.

"Where did you run off to?" Taehyung asked out loud as he followed me on my way. His right eyebrow perked up as he watched me struggle to reach the first aid kit. I never really understood why they even place these in such high places.

"Here," Taehyung easily took hold of the box and handed it over to me. He gave me an amused expression as he waited and watched me. I merely caught hold of Taehyung's wrist and pulled him into his room.