Chapter 54

"So, Tsurugi-kun was it"

"Yes"

The three were sitting awkwardly at the dinner table. Yuuka-neesan at the head of the table and Kimiko and Tsurugi on either side. Kimiko quietly wished that Yuuka-neesan would sound less like a mom and more relaxed when talking to Tsurugi.

"Do you live around here?"

"Yeah, just nearby. Maybe about a 5-10 minute walk from here"

"I see"

Then there was just the clinking of utensils against the ceramic plates.

"Nee-san, you want some more water?" Kimiko asked in hopes of easing the tension.

"Yeah sure"

Kimiko got up from the table and walked over to the fridge to get the jug of water for her sister.

"Tsurugi-kun, you play soccer don't you?"

"Yes"

"Raimon's ace striker?"

"Yes"

"I've seen you play in the matches. You play very well"

"Thank you. But I still have a lot to improve on"

Yuuka-neesan let out a small chuckle, "You sound just like Oni-"

Kimiko raised her head from her plate at her sister's slight slip-up.

"Never mind" she tried to brush it off.

Tsurugi looked at her curiously before turning to look at Kimiko. She could tell that he was suspecting something.

***

A while later, the plates were cleared off the table and they had moved into the living room.

"You two should freshen up first before you start reading" Yuuka-neesan suggested.

"Kimi-chan, you can use my room and Tsurugi-kun can use your room"

Yuuka-neesan didnt want any guys in her room and Tsurugi was Kimiko's friend so it would have been less awkward for him to shower there as opposed to Yuuka-neesan's room.

They both nodded in understanding. Tsurugi grabbed his bag and followed Kimiko to the other part of the condo where she lead him to two bed room doors opposite each other. She opened the door to her own room, switched on the lights and showed Tsurugi inside before entering her sister's room.

This was the first time she was inside her sister's bedroom. She noticed that the room was about the same size as hers but customized to fit her sister. She didn't take much time checking out the details before she rushed to the bathroom. She was dying to get out of theses sweaty clothes.

Droplets of water trickled down from Kimiko's back as she dried herself and changed into a new set of clothes. She wrapped a towel around her damp hair before walking out from the bathroom. Only then did she get the chance to properly admire the room.

It was very neat and tidy. The walls were painted a light blue color and the furniture was mostly a dark brown. A small chandelier hung from the ceiling. There was a bookshelf in the corner and a vanity table beside it. Some built in shelfs on the walls displayed multiple family photos. Mostly of Neesan and oiichan together. Some were with her parents. It was the first time Kimiko had seen a photo of her mother. She could see some resemblances with the hair color and the eye color that the two of them shared. She also noticed that Yuuka-neesan's original hair color was similar to that of her mothers, except a slightly lighter shade. There were also lots of pictures of Neesan and her friends from school.