Prologue

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you liked it! 

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

She was feeling sick again and he was taking forever to get the stuff she asked for. Being in her situation and living the life they lived was very difficult. Of course it never was the life she planned. It had always been high school, university and then getting married and having kids with someone she loved very much. It didn’t look like that was in the cards for her anymore. Not since her mother had basically forced her to run away.

The door rattled and he walked in, he was sweaty but he was smiling. That smile had won her heart the second she’d seen it. The way the corner of his eyes crinkled made him more endearing and then he’d asked her that question, “Do you want to share it?”

Sharing, a new concept for her but the idea seemed exciting. You were always taught to share things however when you start stealing you can basically toss all those rules out the window. She no longer cared about sharing, she was going to be selfish and do as she pleased. If she had to live on the streets, so be it, she’d do it better than anyone. That was until she met him.

She stroked his cheek when he gave her the white plastic bag.

“Was it hard?” she sounded concerned, but only for him, never anyone else before him.

“Of course not, well no harder than any time.” He winked warranting a laugh from her.

“So basically you’re saying it was really easy. You took longer than you we’re supposed to. You said you would be back in twenty minutes and it took you thirty.” She crossed her arms and pouted.

He held up one finger and then out of the depths of his worn out brown leather jacket came a single red rose. She never admitted it to anyone but it was her favorite flower. He had somehow found out and occasionally would buy her one to make her feel better if he felt she was feeling down.

“Awe, you shouldn’t have. Thank-you, it’s beautiful.” She exclaimed and kissed the tip of his nose the way he liked.

“Not as beautiful as you, but yes, quite beautiful.”