There's no use in denying his attractiveness, either. He's half Korean, with his father having lived in Denver all his life. His mother was raised in South Korea and came to America when she was eighteen to attend Stanford University, and met his father by chance at a basketball game. He speaks fluent Korean due to the fact that he'd gone to school for it for forever, and even his dad learned a bit of the language since Adam and his mother speak it so much at home.

Our grandparents, however - in fact, all of our grandparents - go way back. His grandfather is Edward Hart, my grandfather's third-in-command when he was in charge; Evelyn is the grandchild of Parker and Tatiana Thompson, the latter my grandmother's very close friend and the aunt of my mother's old friend Samantha. But that's a whole different story.

Anyways, where was I? Right, Adam's looks. He's also tall, playing lacrosse giving him a good amount of muscle and giving him a small cut into his left cheek from an accident as a kid. He had no problem finding girls who wanted to be with him after we mutually called it quits; we were much better as friends anyways. So it's not as though I've never been with a boy before, and Adam was a great boyfriend.

Even though we had broken up a few months ago, we were still close as always. His younger sister, Lara, is close with Cassie in age, and I'm used to seeing her around the house since they're best friends. His older brother, Benjamin, however, is twenty-one and is in his last year of college at USC.

The three of us had been through so much together, whether it was Eve's big recital last year that had scouts from Julliard at it, Adam's older brother's motorcycle wreck two years ago, or when I broke my arm in the eighth grade. Thick and thin, we'd been there for each other.

"Hey, Adam," I say, laying on the bed next to Eve. "What's the 'emergency?'"

"Eve has a date," he says, teasing her. She throws a pillow at him, which he pretends to be greatly hurt by.

"Shut up," she hisses, blushing. "It's a guy from my English class, he's kind of cute."

"Is he one of us?" I ask her.

"Yeah, yeah," Eve replies, rolling her eyes. "As if I could date someone who wasn't a werewolf. You know how hard it would be to explain everything to them?"

"It's not that bad," Adam counters, shifting around on his beanbag chair. "I mean, I've never had anything serious with a human girl. But a couple of dates isn't awful."

I shrug. "Don't ask me. The only boyfriend I've had that's worth noting is sitting in this room."

Adam chuckles, and then shifts the conversation back to Eve's date. "Who is this guy, anyways?"

"Mark Baldwin," Eve replies sheepishly, scratching her scalp. "He's a nice guy, I think he's on swim? We're going out for pizza tonight."

"Pizza is good," I say. "Maybe wear a cute dress and some tights? Or high-waisted jeans?"

Eve nods her assent, getting up to rifle through her drawers. She extracts her dark blue high-waisted jeans a few seconds later, throwing them absentmindedly on the bed where she was just sitting as she hunts for a cute shirt to go with the outfit.

"What time is he coming to get you? I'm assuming you're going out tonight," Adam says, absentmindedly biting on the corner of his pinkie. Nail-biting has been a bad habit of his ever since he was a kid, something he's never been able to break no matter what he tries.

"Seven thirty," she replies, and then holds up a pale pink crop top for us to see. "Okay, so this shirt with those pants, my brown boots, and probably a cardigan?"

"That should be good," I say, and Adam nods, even though it's clear he can't visualize outfits the way Eve and I can.

"Okay, cool," she says, folding everything neatly and making a pile on her nightstand. "Alright, so what now? It's twelve o'clock right now, and I have cello today at three forty five. So we have three hours before I'm kicking you out of my house."