Chapter Ten

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter (three in a row, I know right!)

xoxo,

Morgan

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The party begins to wind down after another wild hour and a half – complete with a huge number of crazy things happening.

Jace and I eventually emerged from the room upstairs, my makeup somehow intact even though I cried my eyes out earlier – setting sprays, I'm telling you. My eyes aren't nearly as red as they would have been if I hadn't been wearing products, though.

Ryan and Eve look like they had a good time, with matching hickeys on their necks. He doesn't leave her side for the entire night, and they switch on and off from bantering back and forth to hooking up throughout the night.

I was pretty drunk myself, having found the last of the Fireball and hoarding another couple of cups before Jace has the sense to take it from me. He's sobered up, while I'm still coming down, but Eve is wasted. She lost spectacularly in beer pong to Erin Wright, and I lost count of how many cups she downed. She can barely walk straight, but that hasn't stopped her from dancing wildly on the floor and throwing herself into doing "fun" things with Ryan.

Adam and Jillian disappeared for a while, too, but they came back downstairs eventually and have been pretty mild. Sunshine is only buzzed, maximum, but Adam is completely sober. In fact, he and Matt are the only two in our groups who haven't had anything to drink since they're the designated drivers – Adam is dropping Jillian at her friend's house along with driving Eve and I back, and Matt is driving himself, Jace, and Ryan back to Jace's place.

We're all sitting cross-legged in the far corner of the room, and there's enough wall space for everyone to lean on. I'm sitting in Jace's lap, my back to his chest as he leans his head on the wall; Sunshine is leaning her head against Adam's shoulder, but she has her own spot on the floor; Matt is talking to the pretty girl from earlier – Bianca Rosales, a senior at East High; Eve hasn't removed herself from Ryan for the entire night.

"Hey, you know what we should do?" Eve says, her giant hoop earrings swinging forward as she leans toward everyone.

"What?" Adam replies, turning his attention to her instead of absentmindedly looking around the room.

"We should get some McDonald's," she says, a satisfied grin on her face. "I'm really hungry."

I yawn in reply, not really feeling up to getting there and trying to hide from everyone in the place that she's beyond drunk. Plus, I'm sobering up – I drank some water a bit ago, and after my episode upstairs, I'm drained and just need to crash.

"We can go, if you want," Ryan tells her, and then the two of them get wrapped up in each other again.

"We don't have to go," Jace murmurs into my ear. "You look like you need to get some rest, Via."

"I need to," I reply, and then yawn again. "It's been a rough night."

"I know," he says, and then gives me a worried look before raising his voice. "Hey, how bout we all do something another time? When we're all sober and can actually talk to each other, I mean."

"Yeah, that'd be really fun," Sunshine replies, and Adam bobs his head – but nobody else seems to have heard. Matt and Bianca haven't been involved in the conversation at all, and Ryan and Eve still seem to be under the impression that McDonald's is still happening.

Adam peeks at his phone then, and then sighs deeply. "Babe, it's almost one. I have to get you and Vi and Eve home."

"Yeah, it's getting pretty late," she says back to him. "Besides, we're all probably pretty tired."