Chapter Five

Hey guys! I can't believe it's August already!! I can actually start applying for colleges now, it's pretty scary...

But anyways hope you're enjoying the double update! Go check out the totally edited chapters of Ring Around that I've posted, I think I got up to Chapter Ten so far...so go and read it!! It's 1 AM my time and I managed to update TWICE IN A ROW so you can go check it out!!

xoxo,

Morgan

______________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, Viviana?" my mom calls from downstairs.

"Yeah?" I reply, pausing my music so I don't get distracted.

"Dad and I are heading out," she says, coming up the stairs. She looks really pretty in a pair of form-hugging jeans and a white tank top, brown leather jacket zipped three quarters of the way up. She borrowed a pair of brown boots from me, since we're the same shoe size.

"You kids have fun," I reply, and then snort as she rolls her eyes. Her and Dad are finally going out and are planning on catching a movie and going out to get some ice cream like teenagers.

"We will," Mom promises, and then checks her phone for the time. "The movie starts at seven forty five, and pizza should get here by eight, okay? Cassie's on her way back from Lara's house and Landon is in his room. And Michaela's dropping off Yasmina soon, okay?"

"I got it, Mom," I tell her, and then kiss her cheek. "Now get out and have fun. Bye."

"Bye," she says, and then she's descending the stairs and she and Dad are off. No less than ten minutes later, Michaela is at my door with her daughter, Yasmina, who is Evan's best friend. The two are practically inseparable, and have been that way ever since they were put into the same preschool class.

Michaela Phillips and her daughter look like twins. They both have bronzed skin and deeply expressive brown eyes, and thick dark hair. They're both human, but Michaela was lucky enough to be adopted into a werewolf family who raised her with a lot of love – and she knows all about us. But although she isn't a werewolf, there has always been something powerful about her presence, something unexplainable...

Even though she's fully aware of werewolves and everything about us, little Yasmina isn't. Her daughter is also human, but that's never stopped Evan from being friends with her. The two of them are drawn to each other like magnets, unable to be apart for longer than a few hours.

"Sorry, I would have gotten here earlier, but Yazzie had Farsi school," Michaela explains. Even though she was adopted by white parents, she hails from Iran, and went through Farsi school just like her daughter is going through now. Yasmina seemed to have a natural talent for languages; somehow, she knows Spanish like it's second-nature, speaks English, and is well on her way to fluency in Farsi.

"It's perfectly alright," I say, and then call out to my youngest brother that his friend is here. He practically sprints in the room, barefoot and with a wild grin on his face. Yasmina peeks out from behind her mother's legs, her familiar Spiderman backpack resting between her shoulders.

They grab hands and then are off to the family room, probably to make a fort like they usually do.

"They're meant to be, I swear," she murmurs under her breath. I nod my agreement, amused by their antics.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I offer politely, but Michaela immediately refuses, saying how she has a ton of paperwork at home to do. She's a social worker, devoted to helping kids in a similar situation she was in as a child, in the same way Nana became a psychiatrist to help people who have mental disorders just like she does.