Chapter Eight

Hey guys! I'm sorry it's been such a long time. I've just been so busy with deciding where I'm going to college, prom, APs...the list goes on.

I wanted to crank out at least one chapter since it's been so long, and if you're still sticking with me on this story, thank you. I want to try and get a lot done with this over the summer before I go on to college, so hopefully this works out! I want to work on this story, along with Daywalker so check that out if you haven't already!

xoxo,

Morgan

____________________________________________________________________________________

The drive to Nana and Pops' house takes about fifteen minutes – they still live in the same general area as us, and even in the same school zone, but on the opposite side of it. A lot of the people in their neighborhoods are a bit older, since when their house was a built a lot of people were doing the same thing they were.

Once we pull up in their driveway, I grab my backpack and lead the way to the big blue house. It's familiar to me, since I'm over all the time, and especially because this is the house that my mom grew up in. There's evidence of her childhood all over the place, from the worn spots in the floor and the fact that her room is still there whenever she wants it. She doesn't come by and use it all too often, but it's usually the room I use when I spend the night.

Nana opens the door before I can even ring the bell, a smile on her face as she sees not one, but two granddaughters on her doorstep.

"Hi Nana," I greet her, smiling as her eyes brighten and she gives me a tight hug. "I hope it's okay we stopped by."

"Of course it is, sweetheart," she replies, letting me inside so that she can greet Cassie as well. I pull off my shoes, and say hi to their dog – Snickers is turning ten come this April, but she still manages to muster up the energy to bark and wag her tail excitedly when she has visitors. "Hot chocolate, Vivvy? And Goldfish for you, Cee Cee?"

I can't even begin to explain it, but Goldfish have been Cassie's favorite snack ever since she's tasted the stuff. She thanks Nana as she gets out the package, pouring a decent amount in there, and then I watch as Nana grabs my favorite mug and serves me within a few minutes.

"Thanks, Nana," we chorus, and then watch as she pours herself a glass of apple juice.

"Mhm," she replies, tucking a hair behind her ear as she leans her arms on the island to face me. "So what brings you ladies to visit?"

"We can't just miss you?" Cassie shoots back playfully.

"It has been a while," Nana concedes, and then smiles at us. "How's it been with you two? Viv, your mother was telling me something about a boy the other day...?"

"That's true," I tell her, a smile breaking out on my face. "His name's Jace Whiteheart, and he's officially my boyfriend as of last night."

"Tell me about him," Nana says, while Cassie leans toward me with interest. She's heard me talking to Jace on the phone and seen me texting him all the time, but has never heard me really talk about him to anyone other than Adam and Eve. "What's he like?"

"He's really funny," I say immediately. "We always go back and forth and he just gets me, you know? Plus he understands we can't always hang out because I have pointe and he does swimming, which is a plus...he's just a really cool guy. I really like him."

"I feel like I should know better not to ask, especially after Adam, but..." she trails off, and then raises both her eyebrows at me. "Is he...?"

I know exactly what she's asking – the question everyone asked once Adam and I both hit sixteen – is he your mate? But especially after Adam, since we turned out not to be mates, people learned just not to ask if I had found the right guy yet. Not that it ever stopped either of us from dating other people.