chapter 5: The Cure for Grief; Love?

Y/n POV

I've been grieving ever since I heard of my father's passing. Through this bitter moment in my life, Virgil has been with me through every step of the way. My love towards the man starts to grow greater and greater. I can't hide it anymore. I have to tell him.

Knocking on the wood, I hear Roman's voice escaping from under the crack of the door. "Who is it?". 

"It's only me." I say, thinning my lips right afterwards. Soon, I was met face to face with Roman. A smile plastered onto his lips while tilting his head. "Yes, Princess?".

"I need to talk to you about something." From behind, I see Virgil's puzzled eyes gluing to us. "Is it alright if I kidnap Roman for a few seconds, Virge?". That nickname started recently, actually. And so far, no complaints.

"Uh, sure." He gave a weak grin and crossed his legs since he was sitting on the floor. I pull Roman out the room, shutting it behind him and scratching the back of my neck.

"So, what's the issue?", Patton straightens his shoulders, crossing his arms while tilting his head curiously at me. 

"I've been thinking about this for a while now.. Roman, I think I might like Virgil. As more than a friend. Maybe love but, that's far of a stretch. However, I can't help how I feel and-"

"I ship it!". We hear Patton squealing from another door behind us. Great, if he heard us, then Virgil for sure did. My cheeks burned red and Roman smirks. "I think you should tell him. I totally see you two being together." Adds Roman.

"Really? What if it's just one-sided?"

Roman reassures me by placing a firm grasp on my shoulder. "I'm positive," he flashes a toothy grin. "You two will be together by the end of today. If not, me and Patton will make sure of it."

Oh, please God, no. 

"Alright, let me talk with him." I say, rolling my shoulder so that Roman's grasp of me would diminish. Taking in a sharp breath, I let it out quickly as Roman steps back to give me access towards the door.

From my rib cage, I can feel my heart pounding aggressively, and my palms slipping off the door knob. Hearing the door crack, I see Virgil still seated on the ground, a small grin forcing itself onto his thin lips.

"Hey, you're back quickly," Virgil states. "Where's Roman?". He tilts his head to the side with curiosity.

"He had to help Thomas with something but, I have a question." I say anxiously. Unknowingly, my fingers start to fidget in front of me. Virgil looks at my obvious-nervous state and hums a response.

"Want to go get some ice-cream with me?"

"Sure, why not, I guess." Virgil takes a stand, fixing his shirt that was a tad wrinkly, and playing with his hair that looked like he had just woken up.

We head towards an Ice-Cream parlor that was in the area. Not too far from Thomas's house, however.

This is it. Here, we stand a few feet away from the cash register since we weren't exactly ready to order anything. And to be honest, all I could think about was him. Gaing up at the taller man, his side profile made me awe. Virgil was attractive, and his personality was even better. To actually think I'd fall in love with him.

Oh, how things change.

"Virgil?". My brain runs a million miles-per-hour, palms sweating and constant thinning of the lips. 

"Hm? Are you ok?" He asks, looking down to meet my gaze. How his eyes seemed to shimmer when he looked at me. The subtleness of his gaze made me have slight hope for him to replicate the same feelings. Maybe, just maybe.

"Yea, but, Virgil? Recently,", Come on, Y/n. No stopping now. You just got started. "Recently, especially since I'm going through such a hard time emotionally, you've been there for me. To comfort me, talk with me, and listened to me. I don't know just," my arms shutter at the cool temperature drop in the parlor. Fresh coffee, Ice-Cream, and the smell of cookies roamed in the air freely.

"Just, I've fallen for you. No, not in some kind of 'fake' fall. Like, I think I've fallen in love with y-". I try to finish my sentence but, I feel his hands grab onto my forearms, pulling me towards his direction, and his lips smashing into mine.

Is this for real? Virgil's lips smashing into mine? This felt Euphoric. Replying back to the kiss, my hands slide up his forearms, going towards his shoulders, and wrapping around the nook of his neck. His lips were so soft, and they feverishly melded with mine.

As we pulled away, his breath came out ragged, and his forehead pressed up against mine.

"God, Y/n. I've wanted to do that for so long." Hearing his confession made my cheeks burn, and my stomach do flips. "I love you too." He whispered softly against my lips, reattaching them slowly.