Chapter 1: The Apology

[ Hi! If you're here, you have obviously chosen this book which I value you. Just to make some things clear, I'm still re-writing a lot of the chapters since my writing has slightly improved. If you still choose to read it after this message, then I thank you! Other than that, enjoy!]

Y/n POV

I am awoken to the sound of my ringtone of my phone, vibrating on the nightstand which stood beside my bed.

"Forgot to turn down my ringtone.." I groaned under my tired breath. My eyes squinted while I take a hold of my phone and bring it to my ear. What's so urgent? Soon, my ears were filled with the familiar voice of my closest friend, Thomas.

"Hey, Y/n?", he asks. "Would you like to be apart of my video today?". My lips twisted upwards into a small grin since I was too exhausted from exposing my actual excitement.

"Of course! That would be--", a yawn interrupted me between my sentence. Damn yawn. "Amazing."

"Going to ignore the fact that you sound tired but, when do you think you'll be coming over?" Thomas asked.

"About half an hour" I respond, glancing up to the clock above my wall. My feet touched the cool wooden floors below, easing my tired-state surprisingly.

"Ok see you soon", that's when he hung up and I started to look for an outfit for today. I'm honestly really hoping that it's another Sanders Sides video. I love being in those, it's really fun. Especially when Mr. Anxiety doesn't tag along. He's been in most of them recently so, I'll doubt he'll be joining us today.

Despite him having an interesting role in the videos, he just finds the absolute worse in every little thing. An overthinker, he is.

However, despite my hatred for him, thinking of him makes me feel like I'm almost lying to myself. As if I don't hate him as much as I say I do. Whatever, Thomas's house is not that far so, I can just walk over. Not like I haven't before.

When I arrived to Thomas's house, I bang at the door aggressively, playfully, of course. My hearts races behind my ribcage once I finally digest the situation. Thomas is allowing me to be in one of his videos, it's amazing! 

Soon, a familiar face opens the door and he smiles brightly at the sight of me.

"Hey," Thomas moves aside the door to allow me some entrance. "Glad you were able to come over."

"So, Another Sanders Sides video today?" I look up to the man with neatly parted hair.

"Yah, but, Virgil will be in," he sighed, pausing for a moment and rubbing the nape of his neck. "Once again."

"Ugh, seriously!?". My fingers rubbed my temple in annoyance while looking at the man who seemed to have grimaced at my reaction.

"Sorry, but, I promised that he could join us in the next one."

"Fine. However, he better not act like such a.. uh," any possible or suitable names that I could attach to him were unable to reach my creative side today. Even weirder, when I try, it's like I feel slightly bad. Maybe, just maybe, I feel bad for being such a pushover on the man.

'Why would I feel bad giving him a nickname now?'

"N..Nevermind.." I stutter at the slight defeat of coming up of a nickname for Virgil. Walking towards the living room, I see everyone which made me feel euphoric inside. It made me realize that I'm actually here again, doing another video.

My gaze caught a hold of Virgils, making me narrow my eyes to which he does the same. Sudden interaction caused my cheeks to heat up and so, I look away, finding where I could sit.

'Why in the hell would my face heat up? I mean, it could just be confrontation which, I have never shied out of before.'

He also hangs his head low, diverting his eyes anywhere but towards my direction. Just for a split moment when I watch his somewhat, ragged yet fluffy hair fell in front of his eyes, Patton pounced onto me for a hug, making me crash onto the floor. 

"You're here!" Patton cheers. "I've missed you so much!". His grip tightens around me, making it hard for me to breathe properly.

"U-uhm, Patton," I say weakly. "I can't b-breathe!". Even my voice shook, along with the lasts breaths escaping my lungs.

He notices his physical strength around me and immediately lets go, allowing me to gasp for air. "Oh, I'm sorry. I just got excited to see you..". His eyes also hung low towards the floor.

"Don't feel bad," My chest heaved up and down while recollecting the lost of air from my lungs. "I understand, heh".

A few minutes later, Thomas entered and we began recording the video. Dreadfully, Thomas has the perfect decision to sit me aside with Virgil throughout the entirety of the video. Does this man really want me to suffer? Even when I sit to Mr. Depresso Espresso over here, I don't feel as heated with hatred like I have been for a long time. It was like I was able to put that aside and calm down near him. How come?

Many hours later, the rest of the boys help Thomas with cleaning up and editing the video so that it was perfect. Which left me alone with my thoughts.

'Do I honest to god hate Virgil? Or am I just lying to myself?'

Virgil's POV

Honestly, my opinion on Y/n has grown ever since I have met her. I love her. Love is such a strong word but, when I'm around her, I can't help but feel my heart beat against my rib cage, to feel my palms get sweaty when she's near. Sadly, due to my overthinking, it had led me to believe the worse.

Well, I can't be completely wrong. I know Y/n despises me, she has said it herself.

It hurts, I don't ignore that. However, she won't even spare a chance to talk to me. I lay in the comfort of my bed, head resting onto the pillow while one arm wrapped around my stomach and the other behind my neck. 

Thomas usually lets the others help him out and let me do my own thing, along with Y/n which, makes me overthink a lot.

A sudden knock echoed from behind my door, making my head to jerk up at it's direction. "Who is it?" I ask, narrowing my brows.

"Hey, can I come in?"

The voice to the person standing behind my door stunned me. "sure, come in".

Once she swung open the door, there Y/n stood beside my door frame, looking at my direction which quickly becomes awkward. The way her shirt fits her frame perfectly, her jeans fitting at all of the right angles. Everything about her was just admirable to me, like a renaissance painting.

"Listen, I haven't been directly fair to you." She wets her lips, thinking of the next sentence to say. This is way too weird. My heart stops for a few seconds and my face turns white. I never thought the day would come that Y/n would be at my door, talking to me without getting forced to.

"Everybody else hated you, and so did I. It wasn't fair, and I shouldn't have ever treated you this way. I know you won't forgive me so soon but, if you wouldn't mind-". She pauses, nibbling at her lower lip as her eyes follow the lines on the floor.

"Do you think we can start over?"