Putting Your Foot Down

Life was going good so far. Another 3 months had passed, meaning it was quickly warming up and spring was just around the corner. Another special occasion was quickly coming up, but I'll save that for later. Liam and I were basically best friends, and Harry and I had a slowly but steadily growing bond.

Him and I were always going places together, and he even promised to take me to the amusement park one time if I was good. Grocery shopping was usually always fun, he wasn't that much of a health freak as Louis apparently was, according to Hannah. When he had to go to the doctor once, the doctor gave us both lollipops since I refused to take one unless Harry got one too.

I got cherry, he got watermelon. We ended up switching when we got to the car, I love cherry but it would never top my all time favorite flavor of watermelon. There was one constant problem though. Even though I pretty much got whatever I wanted every day seen how Harry always let me have my way, I'll admit I was starting to get a little spoiled.

I had started complaining about the little things, Harry always trying to make me happy which usually ended up in me throwing a tantrum. I never noticed how Harry always gritted his teeth and clenched his fists sometimes when I was acting like a brat, too absorbed in getting my way to see how upset it made him feel.

I should have known a man can only take so much, and once that bottle of anger broke let's just say it wasn't pretty. Everything was going fine this Saturday morning, Harry was getting ready to dress me and I didn't want to wear what he had pulled from the closet. "I don't wanna wear that", I whined as Harry's shoulders stiffened a little.

"Zayn, it's all we have clean right now", Harry said, trying to be patient. I didn't notice he was on edge this morning, work had been stressful for him lately and I was only adding onto his pile of stress. "I don't wanna wear Mickey! I want to wear Dalmation"! I screeched, kicking a little as Harry flushed red. "Zayn whatever your last name is, shut your friggin mouth now"! Harry exclaimed, dangerously close to shouting.

"But"-I started to whine, making a huge mistake and ignoring him. "I said SHUT IT"! Harry shouted and I looked at him, stunned. I had never seen him angry, so this was something I wasn't expecting. "I'm tired of giving you your way all the time and the tantrums, I am the boss and I say what does and doesn't happen around here"! Harry thundered and glared at me as he talked. Well more like blew up, but whatever.

"You will listen to me, I make the rules around here"! Harry repeated. "You said that already", I muttered and looked at the floor. "What did you say"? Harry asked, his voice dangerous. "I said you already said that, that you make the rules and that I listen to you and then something else", I said and finally managed to look at him.

"Yes, and this is my house! I am not going to let you control everything just because you're not related to me"! Harry said, his voice lowering slightly.

"Well if it's your house, then why do you want me in it at all"?! "I should mean nothing then"! The words were out of my mouth before I could think, fuck now you've really done it Zayn! my thoughts screamed as a look of hurt flashed through Harry's eyes. "Because when I saw you, I fell in love with you Zayn! Right then and there I knew you were the one, ever since Zander"...Harry trailed off, sniffing as tears formed in his eyes.

I suddenly felt so ashamed, how could I have just hurt the only person that cared about me? I didn't know who this Zander dude was, but he must have been really special to Harry. A rare touchy subject that Harry didn't have very many of. And when he did have them, they were extremely emotional for him. My heart broke as I watched a couple of tears roll down his face, I couldn't stand to see Harry cry.

I climbed off the table and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around him firmly and hugging him. Harry had always comforted me when I was sad or angry, now it was my turn to comfort him. "I'm so sorry", I said as he rubbed his eyes, more tears still coming as he wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"Zayn", Harry said and cried into my shoulder. I was standing on my tip tip toes right now, but I didn't care as I rubbed Harry's back. "Ssh, its fine, let it all out", I soothed as Harry sniffed. "I just want what's best for you", Harry said and rubbed his slightly red eyes as he looked at me. I pushed him into the chair that we had put in here last month, sitting on his lap and tracing his jaw.

"I should be ashamed of myself, I have been doing nothing but acting like a brat for these past few months and that is NOT helping your cause. I don't know what you do at work, but it must be stressful enough as it is", I said, earning a nod from the man. I moved my free hand to the side of his face, I had my other one on his left shoulder and was massaging it gently. "And I don't know who this Zander guy is, but he must have been really special to you", I said.

Harry's eyes start to well up again, and as they do I peck him on the cheek. When another one slips out, I use my thumb to wipe it away. Harry had an arm around me and one out so he could move it, probably for emphasis uses. "Do you really want to know about Zander"? Harry asked after long pause. I nodded, curious now. "Okay. I'll tell you", he said and got comfortable.

Short update, I promise the next chapter will be a lot longer. 2 updates in one day, although this one is probably really crappy since I wrote it at like 12:30 at night. I have a really bad habit of doing that, writing really late at night when everyone else is asleep. That's also partially because its when I can listen to music without my parents nagging me or bothering me and I can focus on solely writing and not having to worry about other things bugging me. And I'm also sorry about my constant ranting, this is probably the last update for a couple days seen how longer chapters always take longer to write. Please vote and comment if you liked it, I'm going to bed now :)