Venom

-song for the chapter-

~DNA by Lia Marie Johnson~

12 December

"I WORK ALL DAY AND THIS IS WHAT I COME HOME TO"

Venom lingered in his voice causing my breath to hitch as he threw a plate full of food across the room, landing in a loud crash sending sharp chills up my back as I watched him shout at my fragile mother. tears filled her red puffy eyes making my heart throb.

He slammed his fists to the table causing it to shake, he then stormed out of the house; slamming the door shut. 

When I saw his car headlights dissipate through the thin curtains, draped around the living room. I jumped up and ran to my mom holding her in a tight embrace, I pressed my face into the crook of her neck as hot tears fell down my cheeks. she kept her arms wrapped around me when she whispered something that made my heart stop at the moment. 

"Leave," she said, I closed my eyes for a moment to take in what she said. 

"Leave and forget," she says pulling away to look me in my eyes, holding each side of my face with her soft hands.

" I can't leave you," I said with glassy eyes. I didn't want to cry to make things harder, but I couldn't stop. 

"Yes you can, now leave, before he comes back" she grasped my shoulders and stared into my red bloodshot, that was once a bright blue color. 

"go get your things," she said gently wiping the tears off my cheeks.

I nodded and got up, rushing into my room and grabbing an old backpack, filling it was only necessary things. it felt like my mind was in a spiral, I could barely see what I was grabbing through my tear-filled eyes. I scanned around looking for my hoodie but I only found my fathers hoodie flinching at the aroma of his cologne on it. I ran downstairs to see my mom rummaging through a broken floorboard.

"Mom?" I said kneeling down next to her and placing a hand on her back.

"Here," she said handing me an old rusted tin.

"There's money in there that will help you," she gently brought her warm hands to my face and cupped my cheeks.

"I love you with all my heart, and don't you ever forget that you are so beautiful'' she weakly smiled.

A tear fell from my cheek as I pulled her into a hug

"I love you" I whispered back 

"honey I want you to go to the train to northern Maine station 46, walk to maple street at the end is a big white house, my sister lives there with my niece go there and stay with her" 

"okay" I nod and kiss her cheek "I'm going to miss you so much" 

"don't worry about me, I'll come and see you soon" she curves her lips into a smile 

I get up from the cold wood floor and walked over to the back door I opened the creaky door and gave my mother a final goodbye. when I stepped out into the cold bitter air a rush of fear swelled into my body, I started walking to the station through the thick sheets of snow falling, when I get to the nearest train station I went up to ticket booth.

"Hello," I said to a stout woman behind a small counter

"Yea," she said harshly, obviously not wanted to be in a cold ticket booth. 

"Can I have a ticket to northern Maine"

She sighed and tore a ticket off of a small booklet and handed it to me

"Twenty forty-five," she said coldly, I don't blame her though.

I handed her the money and sat on a cold bench in the dark. I looked around to see there was no one else at the station just me, surprisingly I found comfort in the silence and calmness of the station, I felt like I could finally think not having my thoughts pushed away by the consistent worry of my father, school and struggling to keep myself together from breaking

I start to drift to sleep letting my headrest on my shoulder. I suddenly jolt awake to the sound of a train coming to a sharp halt

I quickly grabbed my bag and jumped onto the train

It looked almost deserted with no one anywhere, I sat in the green padded seat and leaned my head against the window looking out at the snowy environment.

I opened my eyes to see the Canopy of emerald green trees, I stood up and found myself surrounded by brilliantly red roses, I leaned down and admired the natural beauty. placing my fingertip on the velvety petal. 

But the once-solid rose began to slowly melt into blood in my hands.

I stood up frantically to see all the roses began to fade to blood making a pool beneath my bare feet staining the white dress I was in.

Panic filled my body and I yelled for help only to see a pair of red eyes come out of the woods, as it slowly walked out of the dark.

Out came a huge beast with talons and jaws inching out of its huge drooling mouth

my heart was pounding out of my chest. 

I let out a scream for help which only aggravated the beast and send it racing towards me quicker

I closed my eyes and bracing myself for the impact.

I woke up in a cold sweat shaking uncontrollably, looking around to recollect where I was when all the memories came flooding back, I heard a loud voice come over the speakers which Made me jump a little.

"We're approaching green valley Maine in 2 minutes, I repeat 2 minutes"

I grabbed my bag and slumped it over my shoulder, I looked out into the rainy woods that surrounded the tracks. When the train jerked to a halt I hopped off.

The air was cold and damp leaving dew everywhere and a cloud of breath, whenever I exhaled. there was wet, dirty snow in piles on the side of the street. I walked down a street which leads to a small town, the smell of food and cigarettes filled the cool air making my stomach churn. I saw a building with steam coming out of the top and an aroma of eggs and bacon filled the air as I got closer.

I walked in with a ring of the door, several faces turned to me, making me feel suddenly self-conscious.

one of the faces that caught my eye belonged to a young man with dark brown hair and Gorgeous copper-colored eyes, pink lips which were planted with a lovely smile, he was so close to perfection, he looks like he was ripped out of a magazine.