• 12 •

Hanna's POV

Finally! Today was my last day at the baker's shop. I was a little sad, because it reminded me so much of the coffee shop, but my work here was well done. And now I have an acting job for a big movie coming out- can you believe it?!

I got dressed quickly, then made my way down the little walk to my work. And let me tell you; it was a good last shift.

----

Joey's POV

I rushed through the crowds of people walking around on the street. I needed to hurry- it was almost five.

'Run Birlem! This is your last chance to get her!' the voice in my head screams at me, as I chase down the path to the corner I want to go.

I'm about two blocks away; but I should make it.

I kept running and running....

I finally arrived, the single rose in my hand almost falling apart. I rush inside, and the girl from last week was there. She looked a little alarmed.

"Is Hanna here?" I ask, and her expression changes to pity.

"She... she left ten minutes ago," the girl says.

My heart drops.

She's gone.

"Oh, o-okay," I say, not knowing what to do. I felt like crying. 

I threw the rose in the trash outside as I left the shop. I sighed, and looked down.

Hanna is gone.

----

I walked inside my apartment, glad that my life was going better than it was two weeks ago. 

I was scrolling through my old phone's camera roll when I saw it.

The picture of Joey and I. A while ago during science we took a selfie together on the dog filter on Snapchat. 

And stupid me never wanted to delete it.

I sighed, and closed my eyes. I opened them to see the photo again.

"Oh Joey..." I whisper, "if only you saw me now."

----

you may think it's the end.

it ain't.