And The Verdict Is... (Andy's POV)

Well, here the five of us sit once again. We're back in the holding room we were in before. It honestly feels like the walls are closing in on me with every minute that passes. I can't help but pace back and forth in here. I have a feeling that Libbie will be able to stay with us, but there's also a part of me that is doubting it. I'm also not denying the fact that I'm talking to myself right now either, and if the guys are looking at me like I'm insane, I wouldn't know; I've been staring at either the floor or the ceiling for the past hour. I just can't stop myself from thinking the worst. 

"And, please, come here and sit down," Joe said, patting the seat next to him.

"I can't," I sighed. "I'm too nervous."

"I am too, but you can't let this get the best of you," he said. "Come here."

I sighed once more, then gave into him. I sat next to him and laid my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around me, then kissed my forehead. Once I focused back on the room, I noticed Libbie was pacing back and forth too, and Pete and Patrick looked pretty nervous. I eventually had Libbie come sit by Joe and I. All was silent after that.

Hours seemed to go by, but in all reality, it was probably forty-five minutes at least. If  you were to put a time-lapse camera in there, all you'd see was Libbie and I getting up every once in a while, us pacing, then sitting back down, a few of us talking for a little while, then nothing by silence. It might have seemed to any normal person that we were taking this a little too far, but I didn't think we were. We all had every right to be as nervous as we were.

But all I knew was that I was a sentence away from losing my daughter for good. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Andy, Joe, Libbie?" a lady peeked her head into the room.

"Yes?" we all said, standing up in the process.

"Please come with me," she said.

The three of us followed the lady down a few hallways and into what I assumed was judge's quarters. She had us sit in three chairs, and soon after, Natalie joined us in the room. All was completely silent, like back in the room the three of us were in. I started to get incredibly nervous again and couldn't help myself from grabbing onto both Libbie and Joe's hands tightly. Natalie looked at all of us and scoffed. As much as I'm sure we all wanted to scream at her right then and there, we didn't. We ignored her, and soon enough, the judge walked in.

"Hello," he smiled at us. "I bet you're all wondering what's going to happen, right?"

"More than ever," I chuckled nervously. 

"Well, I've decided, after the evidence given by the both of you, that Elizabeth would be best staying with," he paused, and my heart was in my throat. "Andy and Joe."

"R-Really?" I asked.

"Yes," he smiled.

"Oh my god!" Joe and I shouted at the same time.

We both literally jumped up from our seats and took Libbie in our arms. I don't think anything or anyone could describe the happiness and joy I felt from now knowing that Libbie was mine. All mine. And that she was staying with us for good. She wasn't being taken away, she wasn't leaving us.

She wasn't.

The three of us were literally standing in the room jumping up and down like a bunch of little kids and shouting with joy. The judge was even laughing with us. At least I hope he was laughing with us... After a little while, we thanked him more than a few times, and left the room. We made our way back to the room that Pete and Patrick were in. We all stopped before the door and I looked at Libbie.

"Are you crying, dad?" she asked.

"Not at all, I'm obviously made of stone," I laughed through the tears falling down my cheek.

"Don't cry," she said, wrapping her arms around my waist. "Lets go tell Pete and Patrick the good news."

"Sounds good to me," I said, smiling at her and taking her hand in mine, as well as Joe's in my other hand. 

Libbie slowly opened the door and we all walked in. Pete and Patrick looked at Libbie, then at Joe and I. They did a slight head nod and we replied by saying yes. They started cheering and ran over to us. We all engulfed each other in a big group hug that didn't seem like it was ever going to end. 

"She's staying," I sighed.

"She's staying," Joe smiled.

"I'm staying," Libbie laughed. 

"I think this calls for a celebration," Pete said.

"Yes!" we all said in agreement. 

We all walked out of the room, then out of the courthouse happier than we had been in a long time. We drove to Brendon and Dallon's place to pick up Summer and then to have the two of them tag along for a little party back at our place. We pulled into their driveway and before I could even park the vehicle, Summer was already running out of the house. As I got out of the vehicle, I opened my arms wide and she jumped into them. I spun her around in my arms, then put her down and held her hand as we walked to the front door, where Brendon and Dallon were. 

"Happy day?" they asked.

"Happy day," Libbie said as she appeared from behind me. 

"She's staying?" Brendon asked.

"I'm staying!" Libbie cheered.

"Yeah!" both Brendon and Dallon said as they cheered and high fived Libbie. 

After we all stopped cheering, I told them that we were having a little party back at our house and they happily obliged to come. We all got back into our vehicles after Summer had gotten her things, then drove off. This really was a special occasion and it definitely needed to be celebrated. As we pulled up to our house, I sighed, knowing that this wouldn't be the last time Libbie would be here.

This would only be the start to very many. 

"So guys, shall I put on some tuneage?" Libbie asked, making me laugh.

"Yes, I think some tuneage is in need here," Joe smirked. 

Libbie ran to the stereo and plugged her phone in, putting on Patrick's song, Explode, which definitely fit the moment. We all started laughing at first, but then started singing along. Well, more like everyone else sang along, while Pete and I got snacks. It was funny seeing them all dancing with one another and just being plain happy. I couldn't help but smile. I really couldn't. Soon after, Pete and I joined them and started dancing crazily and singing. We were all having a grand old time and I sure didn't want it to end.

And it sure didn't.

It was at least midnight before everyone got tired and left. I quickly put Summer to bed, then helped Joe and Libbie clean up. After we finished cleaning up, which we actually had a fun time doing, we all sat on the couch and breathed a sigh of relief. 

"We did it," Libbie said.

"We did it," Joe and I said.

"And I couldn't be happier," Libbie said, coming over and hugging both of us. 

"Neither can I," I said as I hugged her.

"Now all we have to focus on is getting packed for Fall Out Boy's tour that leaves Wednesday," Joe smirked. 

*AN: ok, world's shittiest ending to the world's most interesting book... xD