Not What I Was Expecting (Natalie's POV)

AN: Ok, I'm writing part of this on a school iPad and it's probably gonna suck ok xD CARRY ONNN~

Finally. I finally get to go home and see my daughter. I miss her like crazy. I hope she's been ok for the past week. I'm just glad I can finally come home. This business trip was hell; getting told what to do here and there, doing a million things at once, getting yelled at repeatedly, and oh, did I mention the regular coffee runs? Because that's what I had to do. I basically felt like I was everyone's bitch for the past week. I was so pissed. And I honestly felt like I wasn't doing anything business related at all. What's the point of a business trip if you're not going to do anything business related...? It made no sense to me, but like I said, I'm just glad to be on my way home.

Planes never bothered me much. In fact, I always thought it was kind of cool to see all of the clouds going by and trying to pick out different shapes and things. It kept me occupied for a little while at least. And the plane ride was only about two hours. It wasn't bad. Actually, we're going to land soon too. I'm so excited and I feel like my heart's in my throat. I haven't seen my baby girl in about a week or so.

I still feel incredibly bad about that night though... I don't know why on earth I slapped her. It's like I couldn't control myself. I've hated myself ever since then. She didn't deserve it, but then again, she didn't deserve all the others times I hit her either. Let's face it: I'm a terrible mother. After all, it is just her father. Why couldn't I tell her who he was? Because I was afraid if she found out, she'd want to go visit him - and he and I aren't in good terms - and then she'd see how amazing he was and want to stay. I can't lose my baby girl. It's the only thing I have left of Andy.

I still don't know why I asked for that divorce, but in the end, it was probably a good thing. I was born and raised on being abusive, so I was abusive towards Andy too. After a while, he just sort of took it... I feel terrible, but I know he'll never take me back. Besides, from what I hear, he's a fag now anyway. So I definitely don't want him back.... It's disgusting.

Joe was always scuzzy to me. I never liked him. I always felt threatened by him and he always seemed to be trying to replace me. And I guess that's what he did. He finally has Andy and I'm sure they're living the perfect little life with their perfect little band and their perfect little friends.

"Please fasten your seat belts, we're beginning our descent, thank you!" a cheery voice came over the PA again.

I put on my seat belt again and put my phone away, along with my headphones. I returned my gaze to the window as I felt the plane start descending. I always loved that feeling, even though it made your stomach flip. We were finally landed after another ten minutes and everyone was soon told they could unbuckle and grab their carry-ons. Soon after, everyone emptied the plane. I made my way through the airport and soon made it outside. I called for a cab and waited there for a good twenty minutes. Even if you call for a cab, it's still hard to get one, but that's Chicago for ya.

Soon, though, my cab showed up and I hopped into the backseat, putting my luggage next to me. I told the driver the address, then he smiled and drove off. We were stuck in traffic for a good fifteen minutes and the poor guy kept apologizing. It wasn't his fault that Chicago is like this. After we finally made it out of the traffic, we arrived at the house a good ten minutes after that. I thanked the man, paid him, then grabbed my luggage and started towards the house. As I fumbled for my keys, the man drove off. I soon got the door open and basically threw my suitcases all over the living and nearly collapsed on the couch. I was so worn out.

"Libbie?" I called. I didn't get a response. "Hey Libbie!" I called once more and still didn't get an answer.

I got off of the couch and meandered into the kitchen. I thought she might have gone somewhere, so maybe she left a note. I looked on the counter and saw nothing, then looked on the fridge.

"Mom, I made a friend at school that I didn't tell you about and she invited me over for a sleep over. Ill be home tomorrow morning. I missed you! I'm sorry I won't be there when you get home, but know that I love you and ill see you tomorrow!
Libbie," I read out loud.

I was kind of bummed that she wasn't home, but I was happier that she made a friend. Her happiness is more important than me at the moment. I shrugged my shoulders and then continued to make some dinner. I ate, then cleaned up a little. After that, I grabbed my suitcases and hauled them up the stairs behind me. I brought them into my room, then walked across the hallway. I stood in the doorway of Libbie's room for a little while and sighed. God, I couldn't wait to see her tomorrow. I made my way back to my room and started putting everything away or putting them in the dirty clothes. After I was done, which took a good half hour, I went back downstairs and sat down on the couch, only to have to get up again because someone knocked on the door.

"Coming!" I said. I soon got to the door and opened it. A man that looked pretty professional stood there. "Can I help you?"
"Natalie?" he asked.
"Yes?" I said.
"You've been served," he handed me a vanilla envelope, then returned to his car and drove off.