2

Later on, your work had finished and you can finally go home

Home.

Of course, you're living with Jungkook but, nothing there is yours. You had to sleep in another room because of your husband who hates people invading his privacy.

Running to the parking lot, you saw Jungkook's car a little far from you. The car engine was roaring and you can see Jungkook's silhouette in the driver's seat.

Somehow, you felt touched even at the slightest moment. He had waited for you even though he hates you.

You stood near the car, bending your back slightly so your head would match the car's level. You peeped at Jungkook who were dozing off.

'Did I made him waited that long?'

You couldn't help but smile sheepishly. Warmth spreads across your chest ㅡ a ticklish feeling bothered you.

Jungkook rested his face on his palm. His lips were slightly parted. His head bobbed up and down as his black hair motioned.

You giggled before knocking on the window softly.

Jungkook's eyes instantaneously unsealed ㅡ his head stopped bobbing and your eyes met his sleepy ones.

A moment later, he unlocked the door for you and you slipped inside the car, feeling the air-conditioner greeted you.

'His car always smells like papers.'

You thought to yourself and properly fixed your position with shifting.

"Why were you so late, Eunhee?"

You were fazed for a while. Your heart almost leaping when he called your name. The way your name smoothly rolled off his tongue made you tingled and giddy.

'No! No! Focus on Jungkook's question!'

"Uh.. I.. had a lot of works that I need to do."

A long, exhausted sigh escaped Jungkook's mouth. You were too afraid to face him, thinking that he might be wearing an intimidating frown again.

"If you're going to be this late everyday, I'll leave you walking in those heels."

Jungkook warned. His serious tone sounded bitter to your ears. You nodded in reply ㅡ dropping your gazes onto your hand. The ring on your finger glistened in the dark. It was your wedding ring ㅡ but it made you sad.

Later, Jungkook drove the car out of the parking lot and soon, you and Jungkook set out on the highway.

An uncomfortable awkward silence settled over you. The only noises you can hear was the rubber tires grazing across the uneven tarmac.

Once in a while, you snatched glimpses at him but his serious expression stayed for the whole drive.

However, you wanted to break the ice.

"J- Jungkook."

"What?"

You cleared your throat and briefly ran your tongue across your lips before continuing.

"I- I can t-take bus from tomorrow and on, if it bothers you.."

You stammered a lot ㅡ you didn't want to suggest the idea to him but you had to. You thought that he would maybe smile if you does that.

But you were wrong.

His frown etched deeper.

"That is fine. But, in case if anything happens to you, I'll be the one who will need to be responsible for it."

Jungkook retorted, his eyes not staring at yours.

"T- Then, I can't?"

You questioned. Jungkook looked more irritated after that.

"Yes. I don't want to take responsibility for a clumsy woman like you."

You hummed in response. A hint of sadness welled inside you. You knew him that well. You knew he would used harsh words on you. But you seem can't get used to it.

Although, you felt relieved. You can still go to work and home with him. Even if he won't starts loving you ㅡ it's okay, because you love him; you thought.

Maybe it was just Jeon Jungkook's way of asking you to stay with him.

-

What do you guys think about this chapter. And don't worry, I will update frequently xD