TWELVE

"Lucy," Edward called in amusement while she got herself situated. "The pack wants to know how you're going to fight in high heels."

Lucinda let out a humorless laugh and shook her head, stretching her fingers and arms. "They will have to wait and see," She muttered quietly, pulling her vibrant red hair up into a loose ponytail, dusting off the front of her shirt. There was not a speck of dust on it — not that the Wolf Pack could see, anyway — but Lucinda likes to keep herself clean.

After many, many, years of living in caves and such, cleanliness was something she had grown to appreciate.

She hesitantly reached for the back of her neck and unclasped her necklace. It was a small clear vile with a cork stop in the top. It was filled with incredibly important contents, though she had never told anyone what it was.

She had given the life-saving potion to Carlisle, in case one of his patients was in desperate need of it, because she had no use of it herself.

Lucinda hesitantly handed her necklace over to Rosalie, who stared at her in surprise. "I can't have it damaged," she stated simply, and Rosalie slowly nodded. Lucinda then walked calmly over to Jasper, and stared at him with her lips quirked into a cold smirk.

"Are we playing fair today, Lucy?" Jasper mused, his hands held out by his sides, ready to strike. Lucinda shot him a coy smile and cocked her head to the side, her eyes not once leaving his.

"Oh darling; when have we ever played fair?"

With that being said, the wolves watched anxiously as Jasper charged at the new beautiful woman. Lucinda smirked wickedly — a smirk she had perfected over time — and brought her hands above her head.

A purple mist billowed from her palms and through the air, circling around Jasper's body and freezing him in place. Low snarls broke past the muzzles of the shifted wolves, but Lucinda let out a disapproving tsk.

"I thought you were better than that," she chuckled, then flicked her finger and watched as his body flew across the clearing. Alice grimaced, though she stayed in her spot because she knew that Lucinda was not someone to be messed with; especially not when she was in a bad mood.

"He says it would be easier if he could move," Edward chuckled while wrapping an arm around Bella's waist.

Lucinda smiled faintly and allowed the mist to return to her, her body absorbing it until Jasper was able to move. "Is this a fair fight?" She mused as she closed her eyes, opening her arms yet again.

Jasper let out a quiet snort and gestured for Emmett and Edward to join him. Seth watched as the red haired girl — Lucinda — smirked, as if she knew that it was three going against one. She let out a nearly silent cackle, and her rose coloured lips spread into a wicked grin.

"I believe you're a few players short, Jazz, but I think you have a fair chance, now."

•••

"How do you always win?" Emmett whined jokingly, and Lucinda let out a laugh from where she stood between Dorian and Leon. She had an arm looped through that of one of the brothers, who almost appeared to be her body guards.

"Because I'm magical and you aren't," she scoffed then rested her head on Leon's bicep. Lucinda was much shorter then the pair, being only an inch taller then Alice, so she found it difficult I speak to any of her family members without craning her neck.

However; what she lacked in size, she made up for in power.

"Fair point," Emmett grinned, then wrapped an arm around his sisters shoulders. "We should introduce you to the wolves; that way they don't accidentally hunt you." Lucinda shot Emmett a coy smile.

"They won't catch my scent, dear brother," she murmured while wiggling her ring clad fingers in front of his face. Emmett quickly recognized the faint — nearly invisible — purpleish glow left behind by Lucinda's magic surrounding an emerald ring, and rolled his eyes while chuckling.

"Is that how they didn't know you were coming?" Lucinda shrugged casually in response, earning more quiet chuckles.

"Sam," Edward spoke smoothly, earning the attention of the large black wolf. "This is our sister, Lucinda. She's a witch." Lucinda wiggled her fingers in a taunting wave, a small smirk toying at her lips. Short bursts of purple mist spurted from her fingertips and sprayed one of the wolves on the nose, earning her a low growl.

"Hello," she mused darkly while tapping the toe of her heel in the dirt. She looked each one in the eyes, studying them. When she looked into a particularly warm pair of brown eyes, however, Lucinda found herself incapable of looking away.

They belonged to one of the smaller wolves. It was sandy, and inevitably towered over her, but she somehow knew that this one was the most gentle. When she finally blinked and looked away, Lucinda turned to Rosalie with a sour expression.

"If that was what I think it was," she began slowly, her upper lip curling in disgust. "Then I'm leaving; now."

Rosalie linked arms with her sister and the two began walking away, Emmett following close behind them.

"He wants you to wait, Luce," Edward murmured. Lucinda scoffed and spun around, turning to face her brother with anger pooling in her eyes.

"I don't like waiting," she snapped, then marched through the woods in the direction of the Cullen house.

The sandy wolf let out a quiet whine, and Edward grimaced slightly. "I wish you the best of luck, Seth. Lucinda is essentially a compressed thunder storm."

Leon let out a quiet snort, Dorian chuckling quietly to himself.

"I do believe that she is at least two pent up hurricanes, Eddie," Leon mused, his brother nodding in agreement.

"Maybe add a tornado to that," Dorian advised with a light smile. Edward rolled his eyes, though he couldn't help but agree. Lucinda was the perfect example of a compacted nuclear war. He wasn't sure what had happened in her past — only Rosalie and the Adams brothers knew — but it had turned her cold.

"Give it time, Seth, she'll warm up to you," Carlisle said with a tight lipped smile.

Emmett scoffed quietly, "He doesn't exactly have eighty years, Carlisle." Esme rolled her eyes and elbowed her adoptive son's side while shaking her head.

"She needs time to accept this, Emmett, don't be pressure her."

Emmett frowned but didn't argue; he knew better then that.