When the World Treats You Way too Fairly

Okay new chapter. Uh this chapter is i don't know. Weird.....sad....confusing. It was difficult to write.

PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

We ate our sandwiches in silence. Mikey seems sort of bothered.

"You okay?" I ask again.

"Yeah." he says taking a sip of his coke zero.

"You sure....?" I ask him again.

"I'm said I'm fine Maxine." he snaps rather harshly. I gulp the little bit of soda I have left.

"I'm just going to head to the office early." I barely mutter out.

"Wait..Maxie..." he reaches for me but I'm quick enough to gather my things and leave before he can stop me. I run through the busy streets. I keep running into the office and bump into someone. Next thing I know Alan if offering his hand to me.

"Sorry I didn't get out of your way." he says.

"No I came in here running....I didn't watch out." I said shaking my head.

"You looked angry....and you aren't with that guy with glasses..." he studies me.

"Look relationships can be-"

"What no. Mikey is not my boyfriend." I blush at the thought of Mikey being my boyfriend. "He's my best friend."

"Oh that's good." he walks away.

That's good? What the fuck does he mean by that.

I finish work quickly and at three I leave.. It takes me an hour to get home because I pass by my high school to talk with my counselor about collages.

When I finally arrive home and my stepdad's lying on the couch.

"I can't find the damn bottle of pills." he says. "Go find it." I go into the bathroom and look everywhere. He's finished them but I go get him my bottle of Advil.

He snatches it out of my hand.

"Go cook. Do something for once. And I need the last two hundred dollars you owe me." he reminds me.

Even if my eighteen birthday is in nine months....I finally don't have to owe him money.

But it also means that I'll have have to desperately pray for a collage scholarship. I search around our empty kitchen and see that we only have rice and meat.

I cook and serve a plate for two. I give him one and I take mine to my room.

I barley eat a spoonful of rice when my phone vibrates.

Mikey: I'm sorry.

I reply: Not your fault. I'm the one who should say sorry.

A loud knock in my door makes me jump. Dave comes with his plate of food.

"This tastes like shit." he throws the plate at me. It breaks and I'm covered in meat and rice. He pulls me by my hair and grabs my phone. He sends it flying at the wall. Like what I did to my alarm clock earlier. He shoves me to the floor and punches my shoulder. Hard.

"Can't do anything right you fucking..." he slams his fists against my body. I don't try to defend myself. Because if I do....I don't know what he's capabale of doing. He kicks me on my shin and leaves.

When I hear the apartment door slam shut I head into the kitchen and retrieve my Advil pills. But before I take them I call Mikey.

"Hello." he answers. I smile at the sound of his voice.

"Mikey..." I barely manage to swallow the sobs that are threatening to come out.

"Maxie. Im sorry. I'm just so worried for my studies. I want to stay in collage but I...." he stops. A tear slides down my cheek but I still listen to Mikey. "I shouldn't have snapped at you like that."

"It's fine." I dig my nails down hard in my arms to keep myself from breaking down.

"I have to go." I say quickly.

"I'll pick you up in the morning."

When he hangs up I cry. And cry. And cry.

Mikey doesn't know about my 'situation'. He doesn't know I'm physically abused. And I want it to stay like that.

Booze and Pills. The only thing that can relax me when these incidents happen.

I don't want to turn into an alcoholic like my stepfather. No I'm not like him.