Chapter 12

Laughter and chattering brushed against my senses. Various tables piles around the one Sabrina's sister, Ella, and I sat at. She had led me to the commons area for a 'chat.' Checking my watch, there was still an hour before the trial began. Plus, the boys took Rachel for a check-up at the medical center. Apparently, the council wanted a report on how her medical condition was.

From all my research, Sabrina shouldn't have any siblings, yet here sat an almost identical person. Ella's hair was blonde and smooth all the way down to her stomach. Their blue eyes couldn't be any similar, only this pair had a warmth to them. She wore a pant-leg suit instead of a pleated skirt like her sister. How could nobody notice their similarities?

'Hey,' I mind linked Craig, 'I need you to listen in on this.'

'Aww, are we going to be that couple who eavesdrop on our mates' conversation?' he teased. Smiling, I shook my head at his antics but didn't answer. Honestly, I didn't mind the sound of that.

"How has nobody noticed your similarities," I questioned, starting with the easiest one.

"I have a wig and colored contact lenses. It's just, I knew you wouldn't believe we were siblings unless I came like this." Her mouth formed a tiny smile.

"Did you have a reason to meet with me? Letting me see you like this has got to be dangerous."

'Who are you talking to?' Craig sounded stern by his stiff voice. He probably didn't appreciate being away from me during a potentially dangerous meeting.

'Sabrina's sister, shhh.'

"Sabrina thought you deserved to hear the whole truth behind our actions. Along with your mate of course," her wink had me narrowing my eyes.

Oops, we were found out.

Oh well, not like it matters; I was going to tell him anyway. They had to know that.

"This information," Ella continued, "is to aid you in the reformation, examples of mistreatment. Everything was done for a reason Miss Kailyn." That head of hers tilted some degrees to the right as her eyes never left mine.

I could only nod for her to continue. Something told me that her story wasn't going to be a walk in the forest. If it was connecting to mine, then it was stupidly complicated.

"Just bare with me as I explain the background information," she gulped in then released the trapped air. "Our father always had aggressive issues. Even the pack was afraid of him and his uncontrollable outrages. After mother died, we were kicked out of the pack. Father decided to move back to his old town filled with humans. They immediately marked us as different because of our animal tendencies. During that time, father abused us. You see, there used to be four of us but they died before Sabrina shifted. After the first one died, Sabrina locked us away from him. We moved to the forest behind the house after the second one. Everyday she would escort us to school while bringing food in the night. Not having anybody else to beat upon, Sabrina took the full load of it. 

She killed him. It wasn't her fault. Her wolf wouldn't allow her or us to be abused by anyone. But, the Werewolf Council didn't care about that." Her head hung low. The tension caught the words inside my throat. "Sabrina still wouldn't allow for them to know me. The pack we came from erased all evidence of us. In the waiting room, she found her mate and another boy named Dylan.

Dylan was on trial for killing human serial killers that tried killing his mate. They were both seventeen at the time. Sabrina's mate killed his mother for killing his human father. All three of them were a mess. They could've healed from those traumatic experiences if the council hadn't placed that stupid punishment on them. They had to kill their own mates so they would understand what it was like to have their loved ones murdered. Isn't that stupid? They were there in the first place because they had first hand experience with grief. Anyway, sorry, Sabrina won't tell me how they forced them into it. It's somewhere in the archives; she forbid me from reading it."