Eight

It was a couple minutes passed one o'clock when Alyssa was awoken by a knock on her door. She rubbed her eyes, yawned and stretched before she finally opened the door.

Chris leaned on the wall, fiddling with his fingers until his gaze landed on Alyssa. Immediately, he crossed his arms over his chest and cleared his throat.

"I need your help," he said.

Alyssa cocked an eyebrow in uncertainty.

"What for?"

Chris sighed.

"You'll find out later."

"Can't it wait until the morning?"

"No," he shook his head before glancing down the corridor as if to make sure no one was witnessing what was going on.

"Well, I guess you'll have to find someone else," Alyssa sighed before stepping back into her room but before she had the chance to close the door, Chris tugged her arm.

"You owe me," he uttered.

"Owe you?" Alyssa scoffed, facing him again with her arms crossed over her chest. "For what?"

"Remember when Felix and Jungkook were chasing after you? Remember how I helped you?"

"Oh and thank you very much for that but I don't owe you anything."

Once again, she showed him her back before closing the door and heading back to her bed.

Chris knocked on her door numerous times but Alyssa simply ignored him.

A couple minutes of silence passed but Alyssa was aware Chris was still at the door. Once again she tried to ignore him but her mind wouldn't let her. What could he possibly want from her that no one else could help him with?

"Alyssa," he uttered softly against the door. Alyssa froze. He sounded so weak and desperate. On a normal occasion, she would have been happy to have weakened a person like him but right now she didn't. In all honesty, she felt bad. "Please. I need your help. Please help me just this once and I'll leave you alone for the rest of your life."

"What do you need, Chris?" She responded, pulling herself off of her bed and heading to her closet.

"I heard that you're good at hacking stuff."

"So?"

Chris sighed loudly.

"I need to get out of here."

Alyssa furrowed her eyebrows, opening the door after dressing up appropriately in a pair of black skinny jeans, vans and a black hoodie.

"What do you mean by that? You can't escape this place. The police will be informed of your disappearance and-"

"I mean just for a while. I need a little bit of fresh air," he replied, avoiding her gaze.

"Fine," Alyssa finally uttered. "But I'm coming with."

He glanced up, smiling widely.

"I wasn't going to leave you behind."

***

The warm summer breeze blew in their faces as they walked side by side down an empty street. Silence engulfed them as the moonlight provided the perfect amount of light for them to see where they were going and the way back.

"I used to do this often," Chris finally spoke up while he shoved his hands in his pockets. "I used to have a friend from Chile who was good at hacking. When things became too much for the both of us we would seen an escape by just simply taking a walk outside."

"Why didn't you get him to help you get out then?"

"There's a reason why I said I used to have a friend from Chile," Chris sighed as he looked at the ground. "He was killed in the last arena fight."

"Oh...I'm...I'm sorry for your loss," she stuttered.

"It's fine. After so many years, losing a friend becomes normal."

Alyssa glanced at him, sensing he was still saddened by everything.

"It must suck though," she mentioned to which he nodded.

"It does. Sometimes I ask myself why I even bother? If I just didn't make any friends every arena fight wouldn't be as dreadful as they are now. I'd be able to fend for myself and kill everyone in my way. I wouldn't be hesitant and wouldn't have a care in the world...but I guess I can blame my personality as well. It's not easy to be as careless as I appear on the outside. I walk around as if killing everyone is a norm for me, as if I don't care when in all honesty, I do. And that's what makes it all so unbearable. The fact that no one will ever know."

"But now I do," Alyssa uttered as she stopped walking to take a closer look at Chris. "You don't have to be alone, Chris. Talk to someone. Talk to me, if you need."

Finally, Chris glanced up at her and smiled slightly.

"Thanks, Taurus."

Alyssa rolled her eyes playfully.

"I'll let that slide just this once," she chuckled along with Chris. "We should probably get back now so we can get some rest before breakfast."

Chris nodded.

"This was nice," He practically hummed. "Can we possibly...do it again tomorrow?"

Alyssa smiled brightly at him.

"I'd love that."