Six

^^^Mr Tanner^^^

"Faster! Harder!" Mr Tanner yelled, clapping his hands in haste. For the first time he complemented Alyssa due to her strength and speed but she failed to notice.

Felix would constantly glance at her or her wrist and Alyssa knew he was up to no good hence why her heart raced every time he looked in her direction.

Eventually, Alyssa invented a game. Every time Felix glanced at her, she would punch the punching bag harder and every time her heart raced, she would punch in sync with her heartbeat.

"Felix! Concentrate! Harder! Faster!" Mr Tanner yelled.

Alyssa smirked, realising she had managed to distract Felix due to her strength...But the smile soon faded when you the punching bag slang back at her earlier than expected, hitting her before knocking her off her feet.

A warm, runny liquid ran from her nose to her top lip before Alyssa touched it, only to find out it was blood. Immediately, she clutched her nose as she watched Mr Tanner run to her side and the whole class stop what they were doing to watch.

"Jasmine, call the nurse," Mr Tanner ordered before pulling a packet of tissues out of his pocket and handed them to Alyssa.

"You were doing it again," he uttered quietly at he escorted her to the back of the room.

"Huh?" She asked it confusion as she pressed the tissues against her bleeding nose.

"You were distracted by Felix again. I know he's good-looking but-"

"No, no, no, it's not that," she exhaled sharply. "Ever since I met him with his friends, he has changed. He wants to see my zodiac now and I can tell he's planning something bad..." She looked up at Mr Tanner. "What do I do?"

"By friends, do you mean-"

"Chris and Jungkook."

He exhaled sharply.

"Just watch yourself, kiddo. None of them have good intentions when it comes to finding out other's zodiacs. I would help you but that would make people sceptic. You need to find an ally-"

"I have."

He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Who?"

"BamBam."

His eyes widened a fraction.

"So you're a taurus?"

She nodded and he quickly looked around the room of adolescents who had gone back to their practising before glancing back at her.

"After everyone leaves the room when practise is over, stay inside. Pretend you are going to practise some more. At six the doors look from the inside the manual key is under the mat in front of the door. I'll go out to tell BamBam to pick you up. Once he arrives you can leave."

Alyssa smiled.

"Thank you," she uttered softly to which made him smile before he lifted his sleeve, revealing a faded tattoo of a bull: Taurus.

"It's the least I can do," he replied before leaving her as the nurse had come in.

***

As soon as it turned six, the alarm went off, indicating the end of practice.

Mr Tanner left swiftly, everyone else following behind after grabbing their belongings.

Alyssa, too, collected her stuff, only to pretend she was leaving since she could see Felix watching her.

As soon as she approached the door, however, Felix slammed it shut.

She glared at him as she tried to open the door before realising to do so, she'd have to get the manual key and she didn't have time for that.

"We need to talk," the Australian mentioned.

"No, we don't. Leave me alone," she spat out, catching him by surprise.

"You've changed, Alyssa," he commented.

"And so have you. You were so nice to me on the first day, what happened to you?"

He cocked an eyebrow.

"I've changed?"

"You have! I don't know if it's Chris or Jungkook but something or someone has changed you."

"You've only been here for two days, how could you possibly know who I was before?"

Alyssa was silent, not sure how to answer.

Felix sighed deeply.

"I wanted to be friends, Alyssa, I really did but how could we be if you only see me as some monster now. I'm not a monster and hate the fact that that's how everyone sees me. I hate the fact that that's how you see me. I'm just a teenage boy who wants to survive. The same applies for Chris and Jungkook."

"Then why did you out want to see my mark?"

"To see if you were an ally, that's all."

She cocked an eyebrow, not sure whether to trust him or not.

That was when there was a knock on the door. Alyssa looked through the window to see who had knocked only to see Bam smiled at her. She returned the smile before glancing at Felix, who leaned against the wall with his arms folded.

"Go if you want," he told her. "I can tell you don't believe me anyway."