41. The End

~ third person p.o.v.~

Five Years Later

EPILOGUE

***

Andromeda rushes in Silverstein Research Center, putting on her lab coat and fixing her I.D. clipped on her blue buttoned up shirt. It is a minute until 4:30 p.m., which is the time that she is supposed to be in the lab that her boss assigned her to. Making her way to the elevator, the 27 year old woman passed by the front desk, where a newly engaged man sits, currently talking on the phone.

"Hi Enoch! Is that Miles?" The man nods his head, giving her a wave beforehand. "Tell him I said hi! And that we need to go out and train! It's been weeks since we've done it!" Miles and Enoch only live a few blocks from her, but working in Silverstein has made her busy these days. Miles and Andromeda has been practicing their magic. After the war against the Thirteen witches, the two had been training together, to see how much more they can do with their powers. "Oh, and tell Hemlock that Lysander misses him." The two shared a grin, knowing that the shapeshifters cannot stand each other. Well, it's more like the werewolf cannot stand the familiar, and the feline familiar knows it and loves to get on his nerves just for the fun of it. Ever since he's been turned into his human form once, he started begging Miles to do it more often, just so he could interact with the West Grove residents in a better, more fun way. One of his favorite things to do is flirt with the female witch descendant, just to piss Lysander off, then Hemlock would run to Miles and scream at him to transform him back to a cat.

Andromeda paused for a moment. Standing on her tiptoes, she reached over the desk and grabbed a bag of M&M's that Enoch keeps for himself. "Drew!" Smiling innocently, the scientist began to run towards the elevator, but only to crash into the transparent, glass door.

"Ow!" Her face heated up as she rubs her forehead and nose to ease the pain. Enoch didn't bother hiding his laughter, instantly sharing to his fiance what just happened. With furrowed eyebrows and puffed red cheeks, Andromeda awkwardly continued on to the elevator, shoving the bag of chocolate in her lab coat's pocket. After letting her I.D. be scanned by the machine at the elevator, for security purposes, the lift's door opened, revealing another scientist. A young adult man wearing a blue geeky shirt with a science joke as its design. Andromeda met the boy two days ago, being introduced by her boss. "Good afternoon, Shiro." She greeted as professional as she could. The boy greeted her back, stepping out of the elevator before the door closes. Shiro is a relative of Doctor Rai, a past scientists of Silverstein. The man who founded Lysander in Redwoods, California. The man who started Experiment 17. Every time she sees the boy, Andromeda would always think of Doctor Rai. He is one of the people who sacrificed his life for them. She will never forget him, or any of the people who lost their life five years ago. She, and all of them who survived, wouldn't be there without them.

Pressing on the 6th floor button before vigorously punching the close button with her index finger, she rested her back against the elevator wall, taking a deep breath. She subconsciously fixed her black skirt and lab coat right before hearing the ding of the lift. As the door opens, she sees another scientist passing by. Within the past few years, the diversity of the research center has improved. There are more women, people in the LGBTQ community, people of color, and includes more younger people, but also keeping the older ones, all working together to educate and make the world a better place, through science. Every time she comes to work, she feels that she's in a safe place. A happy place. Sure, work stresses her out a bit, but she is doing what she loves, and she is surrounded by kind people. Especially a certain someone that is basically family to her.