40. December

A few weeks later...

December 25, 2019

West Grove

7:56 p.m

Loud screaming had woken me up. I heard people screaming names, cheering, whistling, and everyone is clapping. Opening my eyes, I saw a lot of people around me dressed in pretty, fancy outfits. We are at a familiar park, and there are round tables covered with floral cloths, and white chairs around them. The sky is dark blue, and the stars and moon are shining down at us. People are standing up while clapping and cheering, while I'm sitting down with my head resting on someone's shoulder. I lifted my head up and yawned at the same time.

"Ah, good you're awake. Perfect timing." Idris is smirking at me. As always, he is dressed all fancy, wearing a black suit with a white buttoned up shirt and a black bow tie. His hair is also done all neat. On his other side, Eleanor is also clapping, wearing a dark green dress while her red hair is curled up. Glancing down at my own attire, I realized, I am also wearing a suit and tie, and my old round glasses that I now only use when there are other humans around, for cover up. "Just smile and clap."

Yawning once again, I moved my head to where everyone else is looking at.

Eva and Nina are kissing. They are both wearing white gowns, while an old male wearing a black tux stands aside while smiling. An officiant. At the other side, not too far from them is Drew, wearing a floor length red dress, black hair straightened, clapping while crying shamelessly at the two.

My eyes widened as I realized where I am and what is currently happening.

"Oh, shit." I missed the wedding ceremony. Nina and Eva's wedding ceremony! But it wasn't my fault. Idris kept me up all night because he couldn't decide what to wear for the women's big day. He asked me which one of his many suits he should wear when they literally look the same. It wasn't even his own wedding day, and he made a big deal with his outfit. "Don't tell Eva I fell asleep. She will have my head. She will rip it off my body with her bear hands, without even Nina helping her. Don't tell Drew either. She'll tell Lysander and they'll both make fun of me and Lysander will accidentally let it slip around the two and they're going to kill me and it'll be your fault." Just then, the newly married wives passed by us, and I began to clap vigorously. "You guys! That was so beautiful! Congratulations, Mrs. Collins-Mariano and Mrs. Mariano-Collins."

The two were beaming and crying with happiness.

"You could've joined us, you know." Eva sniffled, her right arm hooked with Nina's left. "You two and Drew and Lysander. We could have had that Three Wedding event and it would have been thrice the love."

I opened my mouth to speak, but Idris did it first. "Oh, we'll have our own wedding. It'll be even bigger and better than this. It'll be such a fun, great wedding, no one will ever fall asleep even during the ceremony."

My face burned as I elbowed him.

"Was that you who I heard snoring?" Nina narrowed her eyes at me, crossing her arms. "You're not slick, Nazari."

My own boyfriend sold me out.

A prick and a traitor.

"Actually, I'm afraid that was the werewolf." Drew joined us, nodding her head to the other side of our table, where Lysander is still sleeping with his head down. Like me, he is wearing a suit and tie, though his red tie isn't done right and his black jacket is tight on him, making his muscular arms stand out.