That was all she needed to say before the hunters began to dig in the sack to get a weapon. Most of them are silver and wooden stakes, and some are simple, silver knives, and silver javelins. Eva is still carrying the silver stake from earlier, and Enoch still has the gun that kills hybrids, so by now, all humans carry a weapon.

Then, Drew stopped at my side. "What, no sword for me? I wanted to be Jon Snow." I feel like we're in the Game of Thrones scene, Battle of the Bastards. I'm Jon Snow, Uriel is Ramsay. Drew is Sansa. Lysander can be Ghost. Eva is Davos. Idris is Daenerys. Not that she was in the fight, I just feel like Idris is pretty similar to the Mother of Dragons. A pretty natural leader.

"Rami, you're better than Jon Snow." The witch descendant winked before glaring at Uriel, whose face had gone red, looking as if he is about to explode at any second. If looks could kill, Drew would already be buried on the ground. "You can unpause the war now."

That is exactly what happened. The moment Uriel's lips were unsealed, he screamed at his pack to go. Leading our team, Ulysses and Dean did the same, belting out their battle cries as they run forward. Bodies collided as the two sides met, skins were scratched, ripped, and pierced with nails, teeth, and blades. Bloods dropped from members of both teams, painting the green and brown floor red.

***

Nico ran around five hybrids and tied them together using a Liana vine he took from the woods. Drew set the vine on fire with blue flame using her magic, letting the monsters who had cornered Lia, the child vampire from Ulysses' clan, burn slowly. Lia has blood on her forehead as she had crashed into a sharp edge of a rock, but the vampire girl refused to stand down. While Nico and Drew took care of the five hybrids, Lia ran to another. Donovan, who finally stopped vomiting. He's one of the hybrids that is not in wolf form, and has been doing his best to hide from the battle field.

I watched as Lia touched the hybrid's arm, and the boy's orange iris widened with fear. Lia has the ability to make people see their worst fears and things that discomfort them the most. After two minutes of the girl's hand on the young hybrid, Donovan started to cry, repeating the word 'Dad' over and over again. While he was in distress, Lia bared her fangs and leaned towards the boy's wrist. Before she could sink her teeth in his skin and wound him, the black wolf appeared at her side, barking at her and the boy. Lia frowned at Lysander before stomping to the other side of the field. The black wolf and Donovan stared at each other in silence, but their eyes were communicating. A silence conversation. Donovan nodded at the wolf after a few moment before running back to the dungeon. I don't know if werewolves can communicate with their minds. I never got a chance to ask Lysander if that was true. If it is, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened just now.

As I watched Lysander run back to his mate, I felt a punch right at my face. "Distracted, half blood?" Uriel stands in front of me without a scratch on him, though there are dots of blood splattered on parts of his face and naked chest. Making a quick scan at the area, I found Eva and Enoch fighting one hybrid together, Silas twisting the head of a white wolf, Dorian and Eleanor pining down another, and Idris choking the hell out of a hybrid that's twice his size. I really wish Drew would seal his lips together again. Or maybe I could do it myself. I just need super glue.

"Well, well, if it isn't the freak on the leash." Uriel clenched his jaw as we glared at each other. "I'm starting to think this whole becoming someone's pet thing is a kink of yours. First, you betray the vampires to become a hunter's pet, and now you betray the hunters to become the witches' pet. I wouldn't be surprised if you become an alien's pet, too, when they finally take over." I circled around him like a predator, and he did the same to me. I could see no shame or guilt in his eyes when I mentioned his betrayals, clearly not caring about the people he double crossed. "Come on, then. Let's see what you've got, asshole."