Chapter 8- What Could Go Wrong?

I stared at the text that just appeared on my phone.

What time tomorrow?

I was baffled. Who the heck was this and how did they get my number?! And what do they mean by 'what time tomorrow?!' What am I supposed to do tomorrow?!

Before receiving the text, I had been laying across my bed and finishing up my homework. And by homework, I meant staring at my white ceiling thinking about the crazy things that happened today. Like turning into a freaking wolf and meeting some other confusing black wolf. And I couldn't stop thinking about the mysterious wolf. No matter how many times I tried to distract myself, including doing my homework (which I was already excelling at doing... not), his eyes still burned a permanent image in my head. He's just a wolf, but I couldn't help it!

I also still couldn't wrap my mind around how my transformation was possible. These kinds of things were only true in supernatural novels, not real life. Much as I'd daydreamed and wondered if the events that happened in the numerous amounts of books I'd read could happen in real life, I knew it was practically impossible. They were called fantasies for a reason. But here I was. I had somehow turned into some kind of werewolf all thanks to Sasha.

Which brings me back to the confusing point of the text. Who is this? I type.

You don't know who I am? The response came back immediately. It was like whoever this was waiting for me to answer them.

No. That's why I asked. Dummy, why would this person ask me that if I already said I don't know who they are.

It's Alan Star

I nearly choked on the air. Alan Star?!

How did you get my number!? I furiously typed out my text. There was no way Alan could have gotten my number. Heck, only four people have my number, and that included my mom.

Uhh... I asked your friend. You know the short one with brown hair?

Vera? Why would she give you my number? I was going to kill her when I got to school the next day.

Why? Is that a bad thing?

YES! That was a very bad thing. It's bad enough that I have to suffer through Alan at school, but now on the phone as well? Vera just doesn't seem to want to end my torture! And yes, I know. Judging a person that I barely know is wrong, but something about him just rubs me the wrong way. And it's not just because he was hopelessly annoying.

So, about tomorrow, do you have Jared's number?

What... Why would he need... Then it hit me. The science project! He was trying to set up a time for the science project! I instantly felt bad, knowing that I was getting annoyed with him for texting me about homework. And I thought he just wanted to bother me. I quickly backed out of the texting screen and opened up my calendar for the week. I had nothing that day, so I was good with tomorrow.

I'll add in Jared. And I'm good for tomorrow.

With a few swipes of my finger, Jared was added into our conversation. That's the beauty of a smartphone.

Hey, whats up? Yup, Jared was in. Again, with the fake coolness. He would always be the little nerd in middle school in my heart.

Science Project? Tomorrow @ 5:30? My house?

Both Jared and I respond with sure. I turned over onto my back on the bed with my hand with my phone laying over my chest. I wondered what Alan's house looked like and if I was ready to go over his house. Yeah, Jared would be with me and we're only going to work on the project, but I have this deep foreboding that something's going to happen. Call it a premonition, I guess? Oh well, what could go wrong?

***
Long time no see right? And I am entirely to blame... SO SORRY

I'm definitely going to pick up the chapters so the long wait was kinda worth it (for me at least.) I got so much more motivation to continue this book and I really want to thank all of the other authors on Wattpad for making me feel this way! I also want to thank the few people who have taken the time to check out my stories and comment on them! You readers have no idea how much those comments mean to small writers like me <3.

Please give me COMMENTS on how you think I should improve my writings, if you really like something, or if I should incorporate something entirely new! I'll be going away to Iceland soon to meet up with the rest of my rarely seen family and I want to write as much as I possibly can! Thank you so much everyone!

-Casey_Acousta1

PS: I entered into the wattys2018? It popped up and I was like... what the heck I'll do it. I know I won't make it far but who's up for trying? It never hurt anyone!