Chapter 7- Super Confused... Who Was She?

*This is the black wolf's point of view and I will add other character's points of view once the story progresses. Just assume automatically that if there is nothing telling you who's point of view the chapter is told in, it's Avery's view. Thanks and happy reading!*

I watched the beautiful white tail of Sasha disappear into the shadows, and whispered one last message, "Maybe, maybe."

After standing in place for a few moments, I decided that I should probably get going. Before I encountered the mysterious white female, I was just heading back from one of my daily patrols. We've been getting more and more strange rogues lately, and my alpha has been adding extra precautions to make sure the females and young were thoroughly protected. We didn't want anything to happen to them, they were the only way our pack would be able to continue as one.

I pushed into the thick lining of trees, and was brought back to the feeling I felt when looking into Sasha's eyes. God... I'd never seen a wolf with those kind of eyes before. She had the kind of eyes that would lure any wolf in, werewolf or not, but it wasn't the kind of eyes that some kind of 'pro' would have. The emerald green sphere's were underlying with beauty and kindness, something that you wouldn't normally find in a normal wolf.

And I'd made up my mind that she was a wolf, not a werewolf. There was simply no other way that she wasn't. There were no such things as rogue female werewolves, especially being how rare they were. A female was birthed out of every one hundred males, and only alpha males and females could have them. This made them much stronger, powerful, and extremely valuable to the survival of our species. But don't worry, the other males females were able to find mates and have families as well. They were usually either humans or wolves. The only thing that a human or wolf mate had differently with a werewolf mate was that the humans and wolves didn't have the same kind of magnetic pull that female and male werewolves had. It was only the werewolf counterpart that felt that way when they didn't have the same species mate.

But, besides that, I couldn't stop thinking about her.

I tilted my snout upwards and caught the scent of another werewolf in the wind. Jonathan. Jonathan was the Beta -or second in command- of the pack. And did I mention he was one of my closest friends?

A dark brown wolf with a redish tinge came into my field of vision. He was a large wolf (but not as big as the Alpha) with piercing dark blue eyes and bared the look of a fighter. Which he was, but despite his liking for fights, he was an emotional and happy guy.

"Hey," Simon said, the corners of his mouth curling into a wolfish smile that revealed a pair of sharp canines. "Did you find anything?"

I shook my head. "No, no rogues were sighted." Except for Sasha, but something inside of me didn't want to reveal that I'd met her. What if they took it the wrong way? For some unknown reason, I didn't feel that Sasha was a threat. She'd even said that she had pups, and since our pack didn't have many because of the lack of females, that made me feel even more protective of her than I already was. This also fueled my thoughts on the evaluation that she was only a wolf; one that accidentally managed to trespass on pack territory, though I still don't know how.

"Even on the southern border?" The Beta asked again.

I had to push back a snort at Simon's apparent lack of faith in me, but my heart skipped a beat at the mention of where I spotted Sasha. Did he know? "Like I said, there were no rogues on any of the borders I checked." I wasn't lying, but I wasn't telling the truth either. A little something in between, but I could still see the suspicious glint in Simon's eye. I had no doubt that he had heard my heart, but he was trusting enough not to show it.

"Okay," he finalized, "You can go back to the pack house and get ready, the Alpha is going to give an announcement." He took one last look at me, then laughed and started padding back where he came from. "See you later! Maybe we can have another fight sometime?" Simon called back.