Chapter 13 "A Little Space And A Kiss"

Start from the beginning

"I don't think so, I know so!" I didn't know what had led Violet to follow Elle but she must had reasons, I would ask her later. She examined of the bodies and moved to another but she sighed in frustration as she didn't find something useful. 

"Wait," I uttered when I saw something in common with the unconscious bodies. I moved closer to the guy I stabbed in the back and crouched down as I took a closer look on his neck, the skin just below his ear. I moved to the other guy with a knife impaled on his chest, he has the same small tattoo on his neck so as the other guys. 

"Is that what I think it is?" Violet asked warily.

I nodded, "Yeah. These guys...they're part of the Red Circle!"

"Huh! This is a lot worse than I thought," she mumbled as she hovered behind me. I stood up and shook my head. 

"If what you thought about Elle is true, then we shouldn't underestimate her."

"But what-..."

"Oh my God Scarlett!" Before Violet could answer, Liv's shocked voice reverberated through the area. She hurried towards our direction, almost tumbling down as she struggled in her heels against the rugged ground. 

"You brought her here?" Violet asked incredulously. 

"I don't have a choice." Violet just shook her head then walked up to the two undercovers and instructed them what to do. When Liv stood in armslength, she eyed in horror the bodies lying on the ground and when her gaze landed on mine, her expression turned into something I couldn't quiet tell as her eyes traveled down to my bloody shirt.

"Y-You killed all of them?" she stammered.

"Except one," I answered indifferently before turning to Violet and asked her to interrogate the one I knocked off since interrogating was her forte. She eagerly agreed to the task and she would go with the guys to start her interrogation. As soon as the arrangements was clear, Liv and I walked side by side in silence, heading towards the car. I knew what she saw back there bothered her but I decided not to ask her about it, not until we reached the house.  

The ride towards the house was pretty silent as we were both absorbed by our own thoughts. I found it uncomfortable since Liv wouldn't be this quiet whenever we were alone unless she was mad. But I couldn't just pretend that what she saw was nothing, after all the blood and the bodies lying on the ground, it wasn't a usual scene she often see. So I let her be.

When we reached the house, Liv went straight upstairs, to our bedroom. Thinking that she needed some time to process, I didn't bother her and headed to Violet's room instead to take a shower. Feeling exhausted on the way, I felt like I had been rejuvenated when the water touched my skin but it didn't help getting rid the nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

Two hours later, Violet came back to the house while I was in the living room, reading a book the whole time. Since Liv and I arrived, she hasn't came out of the room and I hadn't gone in the room to check up on her. Instead, I checked the camera feed on my bedroom earlier and saw she was sleeping soundly, I didn't want to disturb her.  

"You okay?" Violet asked while pouring a glass of lemon juice.

"I'm good. So did you get any leads about the Red Circle?"

"No luck, the guy's pretty tough. But speaking of Red Circle, do you think they're the one after the Cox'? I mean it's not just a coincidence right? Elle is Olivia's bestfriend and she happens to be one of the Red Circle-..."

"Wait, we aren't sure yet that Elle's one of the Red Circle."

"No, I know she's one of them. She's suspicious enough."