I want to run! Can we run?  I heard my wolf interrupting my thoughts. I could feel her anxiousness.

"She wants to run," I told Zayden with a small smile.

I felt completely out of it like my mind was somewhere else. Zayden nodded and the next thing he did I didn't expect.

"Let's run," he smiled as he just stripped off his clothes, and shifted into his wolf.

The second time I have ever seen him shift. He shook his fur out and wagged his tail while staring at me intensely with his dark gaze. I still was shocked even though I knew what was happening. His dark grey fur glistening as moisture from the mist stuck to the ends.

"So you just shift? Without telling me how to shift?" I complained, annoyed.

I could tell he was amused as his eyes glimmered with humor. Alright, girl, let's do this, I told my wolf as I got up and went behind the biggest tree I could find. I took off my clothes, making sure Zayden couldn't see me. I was feeling very self-conscious around him, more than usual. I could feel my wolf jumping around in excitement, which made me giggle.

I wasn't sure what exactly to do, so I did what I thought to be accurate. I focused my mind on shifting, tensing myself and letting my wolf push me. I visualized myself shifting into my wolf. Suddenly I began to feel a lot of internal heat, and pain. I saw my hands growing fur and forming into paws. A muzzle formed in my view from my nose and jaw. I heard my bones crunch and snap as sharp pains shot up my legs and arms. My spine felt like it was breaking into a billion pieces.

It was over quicker then I thought it would be. It felt odd on four paws, as I stumbled over my feet. Yes! I can run! My wolf yipped in excitement. I let my wolf take over, it was the least I could do for her since she was trapped there probably much longer then she should've been.

Zayden's wolf came up, sniffing and wagging his tail playfully. My wolf sniffed back and jumped sideways, come back to nip at him playfully. She then bounced her hip against his in a joyous manner. Her joy and feeling of freedom radiated throughout me... us.

Zayden took off running and we ran after him through the forest as the grass brushed against our feet. I felt free, and peaceful like my wolf and I could run forever. Eventually, our run took us back to where we were sitting before we shifted. Slowing down and stopping, Zayden shifted back with no shame. He stood there naked and grabbed his clothes casually.

I couldn't help but watch his muscles tense with each movement he made. My wolf seemed just as intrigued in watching him as I did. Is he our mate? I asked her. I would love him to be, she replied. Her response intrigued me, probably because everyone here just took a big guess at everything. That he was most likely our mate.

"You gonna stand there and stare at me all day or are going to go shift and get dressed," Zayden turned around smirking.

He crossed his arms over his chest after he had put on some pants. My cheeks felt inflamed but it comforted me a little he couldn't see them underneath my wolf's fur.

I trotted to the tree I had my clothes stashed beside and focused my mind on shifting back to my human form. It came more quickly and natural this time. I felt the heat again and this time the pain was less and the shift seemed quicker. I quickly grab my clothes and got dressed, worried that Zayden would come over without a warning. I walked back out from the tree over to him, and he was smirking.

"What?"

"So you get to stare me down while I am naked but I don't even get a glimpse of you?" He teased.

"I didn't tell you to shift back in front of me," I scoffed.

"I didn't tell you to keep looking when I shifted," he argued back, raising his eyebrows.

I stumbled over my words and finally failed at saying anything. I huffed and crossed my arms, feeling my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

"Are you ready?" Zayden chuckled, staring at me in amusement.

"Yeah, are we done for the day?" I asked, eager to get back to my room and relax with Aaylah.

"Yes, we are done for tonight. Would you like dinner at my place tonight?" He asked.

"Only if you if you remain dressed the whole time," I teased, grinning.

He smirked and an odd look flashed through his eyes. An emotion I didn't recognize.

"Deal."

Audience:

**What does everything think so far?

**Anyone curious about the tattoo?

Thank you for reading! (:

xoxo