education

"jimin are you going to stay in that couch forever?" yoongi asks staring me down.

"no."

"you've been on that same spot eating cheetos and watching sad romantic movies for days."

"so?"

"so you need to get your shit together. why haven't you worked on your homework?"

"i'll finish that later." i reply shoving more cheetos down my throat.

"later? isn't it due next week?"

"yeah."

"then do it. college is a big deal."

"i know."

"what did taehyung do?"

"what makes you assume that this has to do with taehyung?"

"everything has to do with him. whether you deny it or not. you're so into him he takes up all of your mind."

i press my lips together not knowing how to respond to yoongi. even if i had a comeback he'd shut me back up.

"did he drop you?"

"kind of."

"what exactly did he do?"

"he told me to use my heart less." the sudden thought of him saying it makes me crumple.

he was so mean and so hurtful.

he didn't even realize how much he hurt me.

he hasn't even tried to communicate with me since that night. i've been patiently waiting for his call at 3:00 am every night.

yoongi sits beside me on the couch. "use your heart less? does he not know you're the purest  person on earth? you can't use your heart less because your heart is so fucking big. you're full of joy and happiness and ever since he came along you've been turning blue. he's slowly taking your life away and you don't even realize it. open your eyes jimin. if he cared he would've called, if he cared he wouldn't treat you like an object, if he cared he wouldn't hurt you."

my eyes start filling up with tears as i gulp down the knot in my throat.

"you know i'm right." he says.

i nod my head slowly as he leans closer to me. he licks the cheeto dust off my finger and gets up from the couch.

"you're one of the smartest people i know jimin, you've had lots of education so why aren't you educated enough to love yourself?"