Chapter 7: The Awakening

"Tell me about this Randall Ravoncroft. I know I've seen him in the news but the media usually distorts a lot of the truth." Grenouille never did like the media after his own fiasco a while back. Destiny looked at Grenouille and just opened up about her experiences while Lizzy just listened on.

          "He's very powerful and very resourceful gentleman. I went to this incredible meeting which was called..." Destiny was trying to remember. "'The Gathering' the chauffeur had called it." She remembered in a snap.

          "You said there were paintings on the floor and ceiling." Grenouille started taking down notes on what Destiny was telling. He was fascinated by her vivid telling of an event most don't get to experience. Ravoncroft was known to throw lavish yet secluded social gatherings and being invited was always a rarity.

          "Yes, Orion was on the ceiling and the pyramids were on the floor. The pyramids were made from this incredible crystal structure and everything seemed just incredible. There were both Greek and Egyptian symbols all around." Destiny described this majestic hall as if it was taken out from the Greek heavens and the Egyptian mythos. Grenouille was hanging onto every word of what Destiny was saying and was still fascinated with the telling of her story.

          "And you said he wears a unique pendant, a special, Raven of sorts?" Grenouille added to his notes. Destiny was a tad shocked as she didn't disclose that part of things to him.

          "Yeah, yeah he told me it's a family heirloom," Destiny looked at Grenouille and seemed puzzled.

          "Destiny, the Raven was very symbolic in the ancient Egyptian culture. It represented one of their chief deities--Thoth. Thoth was supposed to have been the god of the universe and ruler of the gods and arbitrated disputes between them. Thoth at one point was supposed to have been married to the goddess Gaia. Something had happened between their sacred union that caused their worlds to become unconsecrated." Grenouille continues giving Destiny a history lesson on Egyptian culture. It seemed even Grenouille was an expert on the subject.

          "Thoth sounds weird. Almost like a disease". Everyone chuckles at her remark.

          "Yes well, he was an extremely powerful god, Chief General of Ra, father of the gods sort of thing and one no one wanted to piss off. Think of Loki to a point in Norse mythology. For Thoth, he was believed to have taught the secrets of the universe to men through great wisdom, and boundless magical powers, giving some spiritual immortality." Grenouille ponders at all of this information.

          "So what does all of this have to do with me?" Destiny now was more confused than ever at what she was learning. Lizzy couldn't help but take more notes. She was getting more fascinated with this than both of them put together.

          "Destiny, the paintings that you saw give a vivid example of the relationship between men, and their gods in times of antiquity. But it was also more than that; they believed that they were responsible for the creation of man. The Egyptian and Grecian culture had many similarities of parallel mythology. You see many historians believe that a very, very long time ago, the ancient Egyptians lived 'between the sky..."

Grenouille pointed to the ceiling.

          "And the earth." Destiny pointed toward the ground.

Destiny remembered like a flashback to what Ravoncroft had said during the gathering. She mumbled under her breath;

          "As Above, So Below and Mr. Ravoncroft believes in this stuff?" She nodded her head and now understood what was going on.