Chapter 4: The Coming Darkness

Destiny headed home after a few more rounds with Amy at the courts. The trip home was somewhat uneventful and Destiny tried to picture what she would say and do if Mark was home. but then forgot that Mark wouldn't be around as he was headed out for a guys night out with his brothers and friends. Destiny arrived home, quickly changed, showered and planned out what to wear for this event that she was invited to. Destiny put on her best dress, a purple and white knee-length strapless short dress. She donned a complementary powder-blue necklace and purple studded earrings and sprays on some Candour perfume that Mark gave her for her birthday. After making sure she was classy and perfect, she walked outside and is stunned by what's apparently waiting for her. A chauffeur, superbly dressed is standing in front of a pearl white, stretched Cadillac Escalade limo with gold inlay and blacked out windows. She walks toward the man with a bit of caution and confusion. First of all, she was expecting to drive to this event and secondly, the chauffeur was also cute.

          "Good evening, Ms. Halliwell, You've been expected --Mr. Ravoncroft sent me to escort you to The Gathering." The chauffeur opens the door to the back of the limo.

          "The gathering, you mean the dinner meeting?" Destiny exclaims and is puzzled.

          "--No madam, the Gathering--" He motions with his hand for Destiny to get into the vehicle. even more perplexed and concerned she hesitated but didn't mind adventure. 

          "If you would, please, Ms. Halliwell. We are on a tight schedule." The chauffeur motions again. Destiny gets into the limo which she has all to herself. A full-service bar and a note on the rail with Destiny's name on it saying.

"Help yourself to whatever you fancy, it is on the house. We have supplied a quick dietary snack en route for your enjoyment" - Ravoncroft

She glances over and notices a very large tray of her favourite sushi on the side with sauces, two cracked lobster tails, a bottle of her favourite scotch and as well as mini penny-doodles. A snack she enjoyed on cold days. She ate all the sushi on the platter and most of the cracked lobster tails. The drive was very smooth and she relished the time in the limo. After all, it was her first ride in a limousine period. They made their way to a massive complex that appeared in the middle of nowhere. The car stopped and the chauffeur opened the door. Another escort but this time in a masquerade mask greeted her on a fancy red carpet. She was standing in front of what could best be described as smaller replicas of the great pyramids of Giza but in an array. four smaller pyramids lit up in different colours, were around a much larger pyramid-like building in the centre. Destiny was led down the carpet towards the larger pyramid in the centre of the four other one and escorted again down a dark-carpeted hallway to a majestic open conference like-room with massive grand doors that looked like something from Stargate that led into a larger area. The escort handed Destiny a mask as well and instructed her to put it on and leave it on until the end of the evening. The double doors are opened and Destiny is awestruck at what she sees.

The conference room which looked more like a banquet hall is occupied by a number of beautifully clad socialites. Their opulence is emitting shockwaves. Buffet tables are full of lobster, shrimp and caviar and champagne on all the tables. The two huge guards by the door look more like they are for keeping people inside of the room, rather than keeping people out. As she enters the room, she notices that the walls and floors are polished Grecian marble with Gold inlay and sterling silver accenting the expensive china. In the centre of the room, the floor boasts an artist's expert depiction of an aerial view of the Great Pyramids all carved in 3D stone but seems very lifelike. Directly above it, the constellation ORION is displayed on the ceiling, shining as bright as its origin in the heavens. The ceiling looked like a large planetarium that was so lifelike, she believed it was. Destiny's gaze is fixed on the masterpiece above her when she hears someone creep up behind her.