Epilogue

"Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like what I see when you take off this blindfold?"

Damon questioned, hand wrapped around my forearm. I laughed quietly to myself, opening the door to the apartment building. Ryder leaned over the counter, eyebrows rising to his hairline. I nodded, careful not to say anything as he slid over the slick marble counter top and jogged up the newly repaired stairs. I smiled when I didn't hear the sound of creaking under every step.

"Micky, babe, where the hell are we?" Damon asked. I started up the stairs, helping him up after me. It was a strange change in position, but he readjusted himself and walked up the steps.

"Will I get smacked if I ask if we're going up to my apartment to have sex?" he flashed a toothy grin.

I smacked his shoulder playfully. "Yes! I don't know why you'd think such a thing."

He snorted but didn't question but tactics any further, allowing me to lead him up the remaining few stairs and down the hall to his apartment. I could hear the quiet chatter on the other side and silently cursed them out for not being able to let me surprise Damon.

Opening the door a fraction, I held a finger up. The room grew eerily silent, giving me the opportunity to push Damon in with a laugh.

"Congratulations, Damon. The building is open for business." I said. He ripped the blindfold off and stared at the people crowded in his small living room and kitchen. "I thought maybe you wanted to give them a tour."

He gestured toward his graduation gown. "In this?"

"Go change, idiot!" I laughed.

"I love you." he muttered, kissing me before disappearing down the hall.

Ryder and Rachel found their way over and embraced me. "I can't believe we're finally done. I'm so over high school."

I rested my hand on my best friend's shoulder and nodded in agreement. "We all are."

The three of us laughed, my eyes trained on the hallway as I waited for Damon.

He stepped back out in a loose black shirt and worn jeans, dark hair a tousled mess.

A few people stopped him on his way back over and he led them out of the apartment. My eyes scanned the room, surprised when they caught a familiar figure standing in the kitchen in front of a fridge.

"Bax!" I greeted with a grin. "I didn't think you'd be able to make it!"

He peered up from his phone, a smile stretching across his face. "And not see the turn out? Yeah, right."

I hugged him quickly, to which he returned the gesture and dropped his phone into his back pocket.

"How have you been? Any new stings?" I was partially joking, but he didn't seem to catch it.

"Sadly, I'm heading back home for one." he rubbed his hands together. "Dealer selling shit to underage kids again in Compton. It's going to be a bit harder to keep my cover with this one. It hit a little too close to home if you know what I mean."

I frowned. "I'm sorry, Bax."

"Don't apologize, sweetheart. I chose this job for a reason, I physically need to help these kids." he patted my shoulder. "Enough about me, though. How's everything been for you guys?"

"We've been pretty busy. I'll be heading off to college in a month or two. Only a couple hours away though, so I guess that's good."

"It is. How's Demon Boy?"

"He still has bad days, he'll wish he could just go back to running away. He'll say to just give the apartment up and tell me how much he doesn't think he deserves me."

Bax nodded. "It's common. Happens to me too. I guess we all have bad days, but the kid is strong and he'll push through, find his way."

I felt arms circle around my waist and a chin rest on my shoulder. "You talk about me like I'm not here."

Bax outstretched his hand. "It's nice to see you again, kid."

Damon shook the outstretched hand and fell into step beside me.

"You too, man. Thanks for coming."

Bax bowed his head, starting toward the door. "Sadly, I do have other places to be, but congrats on the apartment and turn out, Damon. I hope to see more out of you. See you soon."

Bax kissed my cheek before ducking out the open front door and veered around the corner and out of sight.

"He's sweet." I whispered.

Damon draped his arm over me. "He's a nice guy."

I had just started to move forward when Damon pulled me back and kissed me. "I want to show you something."

He tugged me down the hall to his room and shut the door. Leading me over to the window, he slipped his hands under my legs and set me on the window sill, pushing it open. He pointed out the window, at the beautiful view of the city.

"There's a house a few miles away, you can see it and a little piece of the yard from here." he said guiding my eyes with his finger until I found it.

It was a small house, I'd driven by it multiple times on my way to visiting the college campus. "What about it?"

"One day," he smiled. "that's going to be our house. We'll be happy, won't have to look over our shoulders every day."

I shifted and draped my arms around his neck. "You forgot something."

"Yeah, and what's that?"

"I'll still be trying to kill you every day."

**AN**

*Unedited*

Hey guys, I'm sorry for a short, uneventful epilogue. I'll definitely lengthen it and add a bit more. I just thought I'd give you a little insight into what happened after a couple months. 

Let me know what you thought/think!

~ChasingMadness24