{14} Bad Boys and Bad Attitudes

I ran until my legs gave out and I collapsed against a bush. I cursed momentarily feeling the roughness of the branches scraped against my bare arm, but the pain had dissipated as quick as it had come.

I was relieved to find Damon hadn't followed me, considering he had looked ready to carry me off the field a few minutes before I took off. Alec didn't appear to be anywhere nearby either, which was a blessing in itself. I didn't know whether to believe the texts or not; the one thing I agreed with Damon a hundred percent on was the reasoning behind Alec bringing me out here.

For a moment, the massive crowd around me disappeared and I was staring out into an empty field.

"It fills up in seconds, you can hardly move an inch without running into someone." my brother, Brady, commented. I tilted my head back and flashed him a weak smile.

He didn't look as distraught as he had the last time we were here. Then again, he only had one beer in his system and would probably have a whole case done by tonight.

"I wonder how many chicks are brought here to get harassed." he continued, shaking his head to himself. His dark bangs fell into his gray eyes as a sad smile broke out across his face, "Promise me you'll never come back to this place, Mack. I don't want you to test the waters with that whole theory."

I rested my chin on my legs, hugging them tightly against my chest. "Don't worry, Brady. I have no desire to come back to this place."

The memory vanished, leaving my vision blurred in its path of destruction.

I hurriedly wiped the tears from my cheeks and eyes before they could stain or continue to flow; I didn't need some college guy seeing me as a young, emotional girl he could take advantage of.

"Shit, McKenzie, are you okay?" Alec crouched down in front of me, eyes on my scathed arm. I eyed the red solo cups in his hands rather that taking the time to respond.

"Here, let me-" he brushed his fingers against my shoulder blade. I jerked back and shook my head repeatedly.

"Please get away from me." I whispered.

He stared. "What do you mean? McKenzie, hey, come on."

I pushed his hand away and stood, steadying myself against the bush. "Just go. I'm gonna get an UBER home or something."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Micky, don't be like that. I'm not sure what happened, I don't think I did anything wrong."

"Why'd you bring me here?" my voice wavered.

He didn't hesitate. "To hang out, have some fun."

"What's your definition of having some fun, Alec?" I asked.

I watched his expression crumble, head shaking.

"I never intended to bring you here to do that, Micky. I don't know what would give you that idea."

"Tell me, Alec. Did Damon really put you up to this or was it some sort of bet you made? You know, asking me out and everything." I crossed my arms.

He shifted on his feet, a helpless look in his eyes. "Neither, McKenzie. I asked you out to-"

"Even if you are telling the truth, what kind of guy leaves an underage girl alone at a college party?" I went on angrily. "I don't even care anymore, Alec. I just want to get home and forget this ever happened. I should have just listened to Damon in the first place."