Chapter 7: Inside the vents

'How did o get myself into this??'

Ira thought as she crawled forward with her arms inside the cramped space inside the vent, her brother and the others had someone been able to convince her to go through the vents to the nightguards office, why she agreed she would never know, but there was no point turning back now, she had come to far at this stage...

"Hang on..." she stopped at a turn point where she could go either left or right "Haven't I been here before??" She looked to the left and the right cautiously, the ends were to far away that she couldn't see where they ended at.

She sighed and hung her head

"Great...now I'm lost..." she looked round her again, she couldn't crawl backwards all the way to the storage room, that would only get her more lost!! With a small groan she went to turn right-

Until her overly sharp ears had picked up on a faint noise, faint but true. She stood stock still and her ears twitched, instinctively she slowly turned her head to peer down at where the noises where coming from, she leaned to the left and waggled her ear.

She couldn't make out all the words down to the letter, but she could make out vague words, words such as:

East
Hallway
Close
West

She rose a bold brow and began to crawl to the left, her ears staying sharp and attentive to try and pick up any more words. As she continued through the seemingly endless air vent at last a small beacon on light could be seen at the end, Ira squinted her eyes and began to slow down, placing her arms down on the metal with the utmost care.

"Go away Chica!!" A voice yelled, loud and clear.

Ira froze on her tracks, ear twitching again. She figured that if she moved any closer she would get caught, staying safe was number one priority. She was about 7 or so feet away from the edge of the vent, just enough so that could hear but could also crawl away quickly if she was spotted.

"F*ck off!! Celebrate!!"

THUMP

"Hey!! I payed good money for that comic!!"

Another voice spoke up, it sounded more younger then the other one and was more high pitched, Ira heard someone scoff "I think right now comic books are the least of our worries here!!" Their was a pause "Hello? Giant murderous duck outside the door."

"Chicken."

Someone corrected in a flat voice. More silence.

Ira nervously edged her way closer, praying that luck was one her side and she would come and leave unnoticed.

She topped when she was nearly 4 feet from the edge of the vent, now she could see much clearly the figure inside the room, or more accurate, the figures.

"Go, away, Chica." A brown haired girl spoke boredly to the chicken robot outside the window as another purple skinned girl turned off the light switch. "How much longer?"

"About half an hour or so.."

Some kind of man with a grey phone for a ahead turned to face a short ginger haired boy who was sitting in the back of the office. Ira rose a brow and tilted her head, her ear cocked.

"Hey...hang on..." the brown haired girl with the ponytail furrowed her brows and looked closer at the tablet "How have we lost so much power?!" She whirled her head round to glare at everyone else in the room "Okay who did it?? Fess up."

"I didn't."
"Wasn't me."
"Not me, for once." The purple girl added.

Instantly all eyes were turned to the ginger haired boy, his eyes fixated on his phone screen and fingers tapping away like they had a mind of their own. Linda groaned "Harry..."