•Prologue•

•Youngjae's POV•

"Youngjae." I was walking down the hallway to my locker when I heard my name being called. I turned to see Jongup running towards me.

I smiled as my best friend approached me and began to walk by my side. I continued my journey to my locker through the crowds of people. We arrived to my locker and I grabbed my algebra and literature book from the contents of my locker.

"Jonguppie!" I could hear Jongup scoff beside me as his name was called from down the hall. There was only one person it could be. Daehyun.

I turned to see Daehyun rushing over to me and Jongup. Daehyun was my height while Jongup was slightly shorter.

Behind Daehyun was Jackson and Jinyoung, great. Jinyoung spotted me and his sadistic smirk appeared. "Oh, look. It's Youngjae-ah."

He shut my locker door before I got a chance to, trapping him by my locker and Jongup, while Jongup was being pestered by Daehyun, nothing new.

Jinyoung's fingers played with my hair before I swatted them away. "Why don't you go away, Jinyoung."

"That's Jinyoung-hyung to you." He smirked down at me and I rolled my eyes before pushing my hands against his chest.

"Yah! Leave them alone." A voice silenced everyone in the hallway, a voice I was thankful to hear. Mark trudged towards us and Jackson immediately smiled. "Markypoo!"

"Do me a favor Jackson and make your friends leave mine alone. I'd really appreciate it." Mark smiled at Jackson and he completely obeyed. He grabbed Daehyun's arm and Jinyoung's shoulder, pulling them away from the younger boys.

I looked at Mark and bowed. "Thanks hyung." Jongup did the same and Mark laughed.

"Anything for my favorite dongsaengs." He smiled his gummy smile and wrapped his arms around me and Jongup's neck and pulled us toward our classrooms.

"Where my favorite tall person?" Jongup asked once Mark let us go, referring to my extremely tall cousin.

"Ah, he stayed home, didn't feel well this morning." I replied and I seen Jongup frown.

"It's okay, we're only a wall apart, if Daehyun starts bothering you just text me and I won't hesitate to come kick his ass." Mark replied as he ruffled Jongup's hair, making the latter whine in response, fixing it straight after.

I laughed and Mark looked at me. "Don't think you won't get yours." He started coming towards me and I dashed towards our class.

"No! It took forever to get my hair this perfect!" I wasn't an athletic person; I relied on my brain to get me my high school degree and into college; so he could easily catch up to me.

He yanked my backpack back towards him, causing me to clash back into his small, yet strong frame. I tried to fight back but it was already too late, Mark had his hand in my hair and had messed it up completely. I poured as I ran to the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror, hurriedly trying to fix my hair before class started soon.

Thankfully it wasn't too messed up and I easily calmed it down. I gave it one last look and turned to leave when the bathroom stall opened suddenly and hit the wall with a loud bang, making me jump in response.

I turned to the source of the sound, the back stall door was open and out walked a very familiar person. He was tall, maybe 180 cm, and very intimidating. His height wasn't intimidating, it was the leather jacket and eyebrow piercing that screamed 'danger'. I had seen him around school, he was known as the schools biggest bad boy, Bang Yongguk. He was supposedly apart of a gang but I never really paid attention because I never really crossed paths with him.

I visibly flinched when his eyes fell on me, his poker frown turned into a smirk and he trailed towards me. "Hi there little one." Everyone in the school, including me, were terrified of this guy. Just the look in his eye could have people shaking in their shoes.

I stood frozen as he approached me, when he was only centimeters from me, I decided to book it out of the bathroom, but he shut the door before I could get it open enough to squeeze my small frame through. "Where do you think you're going?"

The warning bell rang, signaling class would start in a matter of minutes, and I couldn't be late. I looked up at the intimidating boy and a surge of confidence rushed through my body. "I haven't seen you around before, where did you come from?"

He got closer and trapped me against the door. "Yah, I have to get to class, could you please move."

His eyes trailed to my name tag that read my name and my class, Sophomore. His eyes came back to look up into mine. "Yah, listen here boy, you shouldn't speak to your elder that way."

"Really Yongguk? Picking on the number one student in our district? Psh, that's beyond you Yongguk-ah." Himchan came out of another stall buttoning his pants and zipping them.

Yongguk backed away from me a little. "Who is he?"

"He's close with Daehyun's plaything."

"He's not a plaything. He's a human being, he's my best friend. I'd watch what I said." The confidence soon left when both Himchan and Yongguk's eyes bore into me with anger. I pushed Yongguk back and bolted out the door towards my class.

I ran through the door right as the bell rang. I trudged to my seat next to Mark. "What took you so long?"

Deciding against telling Mark what happened, I lied. "Uh, I couldn't fix my hair, you know, since you messed it up." I playfully glared at him.

It's not like I liked lying to Mark like that, he's very protective of me and would do anything to anyone that hurt me or threatened to. If he knew what happened in the bathroom, he'd sure be out for Yongguk's head, and the last thing I needed was a gang member hurting my best friend.

The teacher walked in the classroom with a unknown boy behind him. Everyone's eyes, including my own, watched the boy with leather and tattoos follow the teacher. "Everyone, this is your new classmate. Why don't you introduce yourself?"

The boy looked up at the class and the first person his eyes met were mine. Great another gangster. He had a lip piercing and his eyes were darker than most peoples.

"Hello, I'm Im Jaebum, I transferred from downtown Busan, please take care of me."

I'm not good at writing js hope you liked this btw! Thanks for taking your time to read it even if you didn't like it. If you did like, next chapter will be coming soon!