"I am not your toy to play with, Loki. You don't get to play with my feelings like that."

He was silent again.

"I'm going to go out and get dinner. If you stick around, I'll bring you back something." I told him as I made my way for the door, picking up my backpack that was resting by the front door.

Without saying anything else to him, I left my apartment.

"Fuck." I exhaled heavily. Loki caused me so much stress sometimes. 

•*•*•

Take-out was left on the island in the kitchen. Loki was reading one of my books in the living room when I returned to my apartment.

Crossing my arms firmly over my chest, I moved to the large windows in the living room. My eyes drifted down to the street below at first but then I looked up to the skyline. I could see the Avengers Tower in the distance. Goosebumps broke out on my arms and something in my chest began to stir.

I shook my head gently and moved away from the window.

"I admire your courage and your willingness to follow me, Shyla."

"I don't want your excuses." I glanced up at Loki through my lashes as I sat down on the leather recliner in the living room.

"Then what is it you want? You're a very difficult woman to predict and I can't seem to ever figure out what it is you want." Loki put the book in his hands down on the coffee table and looked to me.

"It doesn't matter what I want." I muttered, picking up one of the magazines on the coffee table.

"I am trying to fix this, Shyla. Quit making it harder for me."

I bit my tongue, shaking my head as I looked at the television I hardly used.

"I just want to get rid of Pierre. Once she's done for and none of her adversaries or supporters will take her place, I will have what I've wanted for a long time." My eyes met his. Loki nodded his head softly. "And Loki? The next time you put your hands on me like that, I will stab you. You remember Tokyo?"

A smirk came to his lips at the memory.

"I do remember Tokyo very well."

I drew my eyes away from him and to the magazine in my hands.

•*•*•

The woman slammed me down on a table, her hands wrapped securely around my neck. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw something on the table right beside my head.

I picked up the object and hit her across the side of the head with it. She let me go and stumbled back, giving me the ability to use my magic on her. Holding my hand out, I watched as silver wisps left my palm and finger tips and moved towards her.

The woman tried to move, to escape her impending doom, but Loki stopped her, using his own telekinesis to keep her in place. I gritted my teeth together, tasting blood from when she had punched me square in the mouth, and twisted my hand. A horrid cracking sound came from her neck. Loki let her body drop to the floor.

"Did you get from her what we need?" He questioned, kneeling down to check the woman's pockets.

"I did, but she nearly choked me to death for it." I held up the thumb drive.

Loki took it and tucked it into one of his pockets.

"I'll see you in three days."

"Wait! I have to get off this thing by myself?"

Potions & Passion (Clint Barton Fan Fiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara