Valentines Day - Special!

February the 14th. 
Otherwise known as Valentines Day
or Rub-Your-Relationship-In-The-Singles-Face Day. 

I sighed, falling back onto my bed. "Another year and yet, I remain as single." 

"You'll always be single, moron!" My oldest brother shouted from down the hall. 

"Shut up, Ryan!" I shouted back, grabbing one of my pillows and hugging it to my chest. "Maybe I should buy myself some flowers..." I thought out loud, pulling my legs up to the pillow. 

"Sophie!" I heard Audre's voice come from downstairs. 

"Up here!" I waited for the dark haired girl to swing open the door. She ran in with her arms full of chocolate, roses, and a gigantic plushie. She gave me a heart-shaped box of chocolates, a bouquet of roses, and a wolf plush. "Thanks, hun." I put my pillow back to where it came from and jumped off my bed. I crouched down and pulled out a box of chocolates, an XOXO mug, and a small puppy plush. 

"Thanks, Valentine." She laughed and plopped down on my bed. Every year, Audre and I would be each other's bff valentines and give each other chocolate, a plush, and something else. 

DING DONG!

"There's something here for you, Sophia!" My little brother, Jason, called out in a rushed manner. He was going out on a date with his girlfriend and so was my older brother, Ryan. 

Audre and I exchanged looks. "Not another one." She groaned. Every single year, somebody would ask me out and I would always say no because I was never interested. I shook my head with disinterest as we got up and threw open my door. We ran down the steps in our fluffy, animal onesies and opened the front door to find a small box. I picked it up and rushed back up the steps. 

Audre closed the door and locked it. "I hope it's not as bad as last year." I shuddered.

"I still can't believe someone would send you a lingerie, what the heck?" She rolled her eyes and urged me to open the box. I got up and found a pair of scissors in my desk drawers.

"Let's find out what it is." I ripped open the tape, carefully undid the cardboard flaps, and peered inside. 

"That's so cute!" Audre squealed. "This is the best one you've ever gotten!" We stared at the contents of the box, a bouquet of my favorite flowers, a bag of chocolate kisses, a pack of ballpoint pens, a spiral notebook with hardback covers that had a quote on the front, and a card. "This is everything you love in one box!"

"Wait, who's it from? I'm like, seriously up for going on a date with them right now." As I spoke, I felt my heart flutter. This person was thinking about me when they got the gift, things I would want, not just hopelessly trying to ask me out. 

"Open the card!" I pulled out the pink envelope and tore its seal. Carefully, I picked out the card inside. 

"Awww," Audre gawked at the hand-drawn teddy bear holding a heart on the front. "And also, wow! Those are some amazing drawing skills!" 

"They really are." I flipped open the card, finding the words to be written in cursive and in a beautiful black ink.

"Read it out loud!" Audre shook my shoulders in excitment.

"Okay, okay!" I smiled as I began to read. 

Spending another Valentines' day as a single pringle? Well, same here. I just wanted to say you're amazing and you deserve the best guy out there, here are some of your favorite things, enjoy! 
<3 Kai

"OMG, he is so cute!" Audre squealed again,"I ship it so hard!" 

"Audre-" I whined, a blush crawling up my cheeks. I felt an odd sensation in my stomach almost like there were butterflies flying around in there. I was just... so happy, there's no other way to explain it. 

"Sophie? Open up." My mother knocked on my bedroom door. I shot Audre a curious glance as my mother never calls me Sophie. The dark haired girl shrugged, so I pulled open the door.

"Yes, mother?" I asked formally. 

"Here you are," She stuffed a small, black jewelry box and a box of chocolates into my arms. "Happy Valentines' Day, honey." She smiled and turned around to head downstairs. Her action had put a smile on my face and just as I was about to close the door, Ryan's foot blocked the door.

"Not yet." His deep voice echoed as I pulled the door back open. He handed me a small, metal charm bracelet and a card,"It's from my girlfriend and I." He turned and headed back to his room.

"Might as well do it now." I heard my little brother sigh. He walked up to me and held out a bag of my favorite candies. "Happy Valentines' Day, big sis." He gave me a hug and left. 

"Uh, Sophie?" Audre called out to my shocked form. I close the door quietly and ran back to my bed. "What is up with your family? They never do stuff like this." She gave me a confused look.

"I have no idea, but I do know one thing." I grinned, hugging the wolf plush she gave me. "This is the best Valentines' ever!"