entry five

i woke up in my neighbor's empty bed.

slowly coming to my senses i noticed the sound of a shower and bubbling liquid. suddenly a bright orange light filled the house. "changkyun? is the stove on?" as if on cue changkyun came running through the bedroom with a towel around his waist and still completely wet.

"THE CHICKEN!"

"the what?- OH GOD CHANGKYUN!" i jumped up from my spot and grabbed the nearby fire extinguisher in the kitchen. changkyun took it from me and sprayed the whole stove.

"aiish," changkyun tiredly put his head in his hands as he collapsed on the couch. "the chicken."

"it's okay." i said slowly coming back to reality.

"what were you trying to do?" i asked, sitting down at the kitchen table.

"i wanted to make fried chicken myself instead of ordering it. i thought they would take a while to fry, so i took a quick rinse"

nodding, i said a quick "ah." in response.

"do you want to go out to eat?" i suggested.

changkyun looked at me with a neutral face. "i'll pay." i continued.

"heck yeah!" changkyun jumped up and did a little dance until he got tired and sat on the couch again.

"while you were doing whatever that was, i ordered dumplings and fried rice, good?"

"perfect." changkyun said as he walked over to me.

i smiled at the young man in front of me, then realized he was only wearing a towel. before my face went red i covered my eyes.

"are you shy, hyung?"

"n-no it's just awkward."

"you said that last night too."

"STOP! THAT SOUNDS WEIRD!"

"really?...oh! i didn't mean it like that." changkyun timidly chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"do you mind if i get dressed first?" i asked, standing up.

"no. not at all. i left some clothes for you on the dresser. i'll clean all of this up." changkyun motioned his hands randomly and grabbed a dish rag.

i nodded and made my way into the bedroom.

-

"you ready?"

"yeah. you got your wallet?"

changkyun annoyingly winked at me and opened the door.

"wait. where are we going?" i asked as we stood in the vacant hall.

"i told the restaurant that would just pick up the order."

"what? why?"

"bonding time." changkyun simply answered.

changkyun smiled and continued down the hall.

"race you!" he pressed a button and the doors closed quickly.

"YAH! CHANGKYUN!" my heart rate went up as fury boiled inside me. luckily though, it fueled me enough to make it to the lobby before him.

"YAH!" changkyun's smile was soon replaced with a face of fear.

"IM SORRY HYUNG. I'M SORRY." i ran at the speed of light and hit him with a flying kick.

"don't you ever...ever...do that again." i said out of breath as i lay down on the lobby couch next to changkyun.

"you hit my butt."

"you should be glad that i didn't hit you on the other side."

changkyun fearfully curled up into a ball on the far end of the couch.

"so, food?" he nodded silently as i stood up, then giving him a hand which he took questioningly.

we made our way into the parking garage, and found my car. we pulled out and changkyun started giving me directions.

it was silent for the most part, until we got to the cafe parking lot.

"so," changkyun started.

"is this, like, a date?"