chapter 3

"Hiding from that thing" I say pointing at sage walking into the doorway.

"Emerson, when I get my hands on you, you'll regret it." She snips. 

"Well mom, looks like I'm gonna be with you all day." I say smiling at her and kissing her cheek.

She laughs. "No complaints here, except your like twice my size. So if you could just." She tries to shove me off.

I laugh and scoot off of her and sit beside her. I pull out my phone and play 8 ball with my bestfriend, adam.
After 2 hours of being with my mom and everyone I got up went to go outside for some fresh air.

Taking a seat on the swing in the garden I rock back and fourth looking up peacefully at the stars, lost in thought. 

I hear leaves crush under someone's seat causing me to shoot up afraid it's sage. She puts her hands up in the air.

"I come in peace."

I hesitate but nod. I retake my seat on the swing chair, and she joins me. I rock gently in the chair and continue to gaze up.

"It the big dipper" she says quietly pointing at it, and outlining it with her finger.

"And o'ryans belt" I say gently guiding her finger over to it.

Turning her head she gives me a breath taking smile. I smile and look down, before turning back toward the front.  A smile on my lips.

After a little longer, I decided it was time for me to head out. Getting up we head inside where everyone is.

"Hey, mom. I'm gonna head home." I say standing beside her.

"What, I thought we were staying?" She questions.

I shake my head. "I can't, I have school In the morning."

"Oh alright, well I'll come with you."

I shake my head "No, it's alright. I know your enjoying yourself. I'll be fine. Just going to go to bed any way."

She hesitates for a few seconds. "Okay. But text me when your home. And be careful, okay?"

I nod "I will. I'll see you tomorrow." I kiss her cheek.

She pulls me i to a hug and ruffles my hair. "I love you"

"I love you too."

I say good my to my family, as well as the delgattos. Sage wanted to walk me out to the limo. At the front door she smiles at me. With my hands in my pocket she watches me.

I look around, not wanting her to see the smile on my face.

"There's something I want to do." She says quietly.

I frown confused. "Do what?"

She takes slow, shy, steps toward me. Before I realize it were standing only a few inches apart. Her eyes flicker to my lips, slowly leaning in. Her lips grazing mine.

Applying pressure her lips connect with mine, causing sparks to soar through my lips and in my veins. Pulling back, I open my eyes looking at her.

"Wow" I say unsure of what to say.

She blushes and looks down. "Well, I'll see you later?"

I nod. "Uh, yeah. See ya."

With thay I turn and walk to the limo getting inside. I roll down the window to wave.

"Goodbye Honey bug." I wink

"Emerson  I swear to -" I roll my window back up mid sentence, making her even more pissed.