chapter 1

"EMERSON! YOU NEED TO GET UP. YOU KNOW THE ROUTINE. LEAVING TO THE DELGATTOS IN 10 MINUTES." I heard my mom yell from the stairs.

I sighed before rubbing my eyes and rolling off the bed. Every Sunday we go spend the day with the delgattos.  Breakfast lunch and dinner. There friends of my parents. Emilio and and Rosalia, and there 7 kids. Yup, you read right. 7, a whole football team.

Here's the order from oldest t9 youngest.

Scarlett-20
Samuel -18
Salena-17
Sage-16
Stephan15
Sander-12
Sawyer -12

My family on the other hand, is quite smaller. It's my 2 parents Felicity and asher, and my 3 siblings.

Ezra-21
Eleanor-19
Ember-18
Emerson-16

So naturally all of us have grown up together. All of us are in the same age range, except for the twins, Sawyer and Sander. They have eachother and are in our age category quite yet.

Getting up I took a quick 2 minute shower before hurriedly getting dressed. Mom makes us dress up for these shindigs even though we are practically family. So every Sunday we have to look nice and do our hair and what not. It's a pain in the ass if you ask me.

Going plain today I pull out a white dress shirt and a pair of navy blue dress pants. I tuck my shirt in and roll the sleeves up. I throw on a pair of black leather dress shoes and called it a day. I head downstairs to where my whole family is. My mother is laughing with my dad as I approach. She turns to see me walking Down.

"You couldn't bother to comb your hair?" She gives me an annoyed look.

I shrug my shoulders, and run my fingers through it. "There.
all combed" I joke.

She rolls her eyes at me, and flips me off while mumbling "smart ass" causing everyone to laugh.

We all filed out to the awaiting limo. Once inside it headed off to exit the main gate. "Excited to see your girlfriend?" Dad asks with a smirk

"What?" I say confused although I know what he means.

"Oh you know" he says giving me a pointed look.

I give him the same look back. "Oh, but I don't. I dont have a girlfriend. You already know this"

My mom laughs at this. "Ha! Sure, you and sage keep telling yourselves you aren't dating. See where that gets you."

I roll my eyes at them. "Were just friends. It's just that were close in age." I shrug.

"But salena is close in age as well and you don't take a big liking in her." Ezra buts in giving me a smirk.

"Okay but we like the same things. Salena and I are completely opposite" I defend getting annoyed.

"Sure little brother. Whatever you say" he throws a wink at me.

I give him a sickly sweet smile and flip him off.

"Watch that finger emerson" my mom scolds causing my dad to chuckle at her.

I don't reply. I look out the window wanting the drive to be over all ready.
After 5 more minutes we pull into there front gates. Once the limo comes to a stop and the door is opened we all file out. As usual I'm the last one out, taking my time. I never really rush to get inside knowing that I'll have to be here all day.

"Emerson could you walk any slower?" My older sister Eleanor says, while grabbing my hand and pulling me along.

"Yeah,  I could. If you would let go of me" I pull away from her causing her to huff and reach for me again.
"Fine! I'll walk faster. Now stop touching me" I Shifted away from her.