Release; Slumber.

Start from the beginning

"Surgery went perfectly, a complete success. Just recovery to deal with now, Dr Richards informed me of all the possible negative side affects. As long as she is looked after she'll be fine, her first appointment with the audiologist is in six weeks after the wounds have healed. So that's our next goal." I can only imagine that Ben's reaction matches mine from ten minutes ago, his utter relief and elation palpable as I divulge in the good news that we have all been waiting for. "Could you call Julia and tell her please." Ben nods and gets right to it as I turn to Niall, "Niall, could you do me a favour and ring my mum please, just let her know that Odette is okay."

"Of course mate." He leaves me with a small salute before heading off with his phone to his ear.

It's time to go and see my wife.

Our small crowd parts like the Red Sea as my determined eyes focus on the hospital room door, the one I have been agonising in for the last two hours. The steel handle tortures me, knowing exactly what lies on the other side, I grab it hastily without a moments thought and feel it click so delicately in my grasp, she's in there, she's right behind this door. The air seems to slow and a cool breeze drifts through the small crook that lies between me and my beautiful neighbour and I'm overwhelmed with a sense of fear. I can't do this, I can't see her like that. My movements cease and my subconscious rolls his bloodshot eyes, open the damn door you fool!

Odette.

There she is, my beautiful French princess lying so perfectly in her hospital bed, her ocean blue eyes shielded from my view as she sleeps and those dainty hands I know so well lie clasped over her stomach, how I've missed her, I didn't realise you could miss looking at someone this much. Harry, you're starting to sound creepy, I don't care, I argue intently with my subconscious - my heart swells like it does every time I am with her, she controls me even in her deepest of sleeps and once again I am hypnotised by her power over me. She is incredible, a beautiful person inside and out, and she is all mine. Apprehensively my feet carry me forward in her direction and I can't help when my hand leaves a ghostly caress to her face, her warm skin so inviting, and I seem to miss it, even though she is right there.

Remembering Eleanor's statement from before I notice the hair behind Odette's ears has indeed been shaved, she will hate that, my subconscious agrees with Eleanor and I chuckle at the thought - initially she will, but she'll have no doubt forgotten about it in six weeks when her appointment with the audiologist arrives. "Oh baby," I cry to her unresponsive frame, the bandages cover the large scar on her head and thankfully shield my view, however my mind drives me wild with the possibility of its gruesome appearance. It'll be fine, you'll have to get used to it anyway, you'll be the one cleaning it. My subconscious reasons and I agree, I wouldn't have it azny other way.

"Hey." Ben's head pops around the door and his eyes automatically shift to Odette, "can I come in?"

"Yes, of course mate, come on in." My lips place a chaste kiss in the centre of Odette's forehead and I take a seat in the armchair beside her, my hand clasping desperately at her limp fingers, constantly waiting for any sign of movements, I want to be the first one she sees. "I was just thinking about her scars."

"Hey, have they shaved her head?" I nod in answer. "She's going to hate that." I laugh at his words, how on Earth is that the only thing that people are focusing on today?

"How is Julia?" I ask, knowing that my future mother in law is most likely pacing apprehensively by her phone for any more updates on her eldest daughter.

"She was really pleased, I wouldn't be surprised if she was already booking her ticket over." His laugh warms my rising worry, I'm glad that Julia is happy, I'll have to call her later when Odette wakes up. "Should I let the others in?" Ben asks and I reply with a small nod, they have all been waiting as patiently as we have, we may as well let them come in and wait with us until Odette wakes up.