Part 4

Noah awoke to piercing screams. Screams that he sadly but true knew all too well. He shot up in his bed and ran out of the room and down the corridor to where Stiles' room was. Dean and Sam also just left their room and looked at him questioningly.
"It's Stiles. He has pretty bad nightmares", he told them. They nodded and followed him into the room.
"Stiles! Wake up, son!", Noah shook his son awake. He stirred on the bed, still asleep, sweating and with a scrunched up face as if he was in a hell of a lot of pain. Noah shook him harder. He needed him to wake up as soon as possible or he would possibly have a heart attack.
"Stiles!", he screamed one last time before Stiles' eyes opened and showed a sadness that Noah was all too familiar with, but never wanted to see in his son's face ever again. Stiles was still screaming when he woke up and tears were streaming down his face. "What's wrong?", Sam asked Noah. "Should I call him?", Noah asked Stiles, completely ignoring Sam's question for now. Stiles shook his head fast and with wide and fearfull eyes. He tried to suck air into his lungs but it sounded like a broken vacuumer.
"Stiles...", Noah wanted to reason with him.
"No", he croacked out, his panick attack getting worse with every passing second.
"What is this?", Dean spoke up from the door.
"A panic attack. He had them often when Claudia died and now since...", Noah looked at his son with sad eyes. Stiles' eyes were full of tears and he looked pale already. Noah shook his head and let a single tear fall from his eyes down his cheek. He knew exactly what was wrong with his son. He still felt responsible for the incidents. For the nogitsune. For Allison's nearly death (yeah, that's right I don't want her to be dead). He knew that Stiles thought all of this was his fault and that he should have stopped him somehow. Although all of his friends reassured him that it wasn't his fault, he couldn't quite believe it himself. Yeah, Noah knew exactly what was wrong with his son and he also knew how to stop it from happening. He knew that it was a risk maybe but it was far more dangerous to let Stiles go through this bad of a panic attack by himself. He looked like he was about to faint at any minute. Noah knew what to do and he didn't care about anything else than his son at this very moment.
"I don't care, Stiles. We'll deal with the consequences later. I'll call him now", the sheriff said and Stiles nodded at him in defeat, knowing that his father was right. He mostly was. Stiles was trying to breathe but without success. "Call who?", Dean asked a little worried. The sheriff just got his phone and dialed a number. Sam got down in front of Stiles and put a hand on his shoulder.
"Breathe. It was just a dream", Sam said softly. Stiles shook his head and cried harder.
"M-memories", he got out and Sam looked even more worried.
"Thank god, you picked up. It's Stiles he -", the sheriff said into the phone but was cut off, then hung up the phone.
"He's on his way", Noah said and looked at Stiles pityfull. Stiles nodded at him again trying to suck in air. "What did he mean, it were memories?", Sam asked turning to Noah.
"He will tell you eventually. We had some tough times", Noah said and rubbed Stiles' back. Stiles cried on as the images of the nogitsune flashed again in his head. A dead Allison in Scott's arms. Although the doctors somehow got her back to life later on.
"I know that feeling", Sam said sadly, thinking about the time he had Lucifer in his head. A knock on the window got them all out of their thoughts. Noah went to open it and in an instant Derek stood in the middle of the room. He looked to the bed, searching for Stiles frantically. He practically jumped next to him and pulled him on his lap. Stiles curled himself up against Derek's chest and cried into his shirt. Derek caressed his back with one hand while the other held the back of Stiles' head, pushing his fingers through his hair.
"This nightmare again?", Derek whispered into his ear. Stiles nodded into his boyfriend's chest. He took in the smell of Derek, something that always calmed him down. To be with Derek always made everything better and he knew from the beginning that it was a bad idea to keep away from Derek just because his cousins were in town.
"Everything is fine. It wasn't your fault. Do you hear me?", Derek soothed him.
"I don't know", Stiles stammered out, slowly regaining the ability to breathe normally.
"Look at me", Derek lifted his chin "it wasn't your fault. None of that. He could have chosen everyone. If it would have been me, would you say that I did that?" Stiles shook his head at that.
"See?", Derek smiled at him "you were just another victim. Not the culprit". "Thank you", Stiles whispered, calming down and slowly relaxing against Derek "I can't help the nightmares. Sorry for waking all of you".
"Just glad you're alright now", Noah released a breath he didn't know he had been holding in "also, Derek? The window, really?"
"It's a habit", Derek said then realised his mistake and looked at the sheriff like a deer in the headlights "umm...". "I don't even wanna know", Noah shook his head and Stiles actually laughed again which lifted a huge weight off of all their chests.
"Thanks for coming over", Stiles smiled brightly.
"I will always come when you call. Or your dad for that matter", Derek said and Stiles pecked him on the lips, his breathing back to normal. He noticed the silence in the room and turned around to see his cousins stare at him in bewilderment.
"Oh, um... guys", Stiles grinned anxiously "you already know Derek, my boyfriend".