Chapter Four

"Is it okay to just let her go?" Wit asked as he and his prince walked away in the opposite direction of Alice's path.

"I'm afraid she must take the long path around." Hat slipped his arm around Wit's waist.

Wit pulled away, smoothing his hair as he pouted. "You like her better than me."

Hat chuckled, pushing Wit's back against a nearby tree and offering a mocking smile. "Are you jealous?"

Wit turned his head, looking away. "No." Wit wished he sounded more convincing. He wanted Alice too, but he couldn't simply let his long-time lover push him aside.

"She's my destiny but I'll never leave you." Hat pressed his lips against Wit's.

Wit returned the kiss, slipping his hands under Hat's jacket and starting to unbutton his waistcoat. The prince shed his coat, untied his bowtie and removed his hat, hanging it on a nearby branch before licking the shell of Wit's ear.

Author's Note: Alice in Shifterland has moved to Radish. Many of the chapters in season one will still be free (I have an email in to support to unlock them.) and there are offers to earn free coins and coupons. Instead of deleting all the chapters on Wattpad, I'm modifying them into teasers so we don't lose the comments.