Chapter 3

pic above is of lyra's mother  soz for purple eyes but this looked like her the most. ^^^^^^^^

~previously~

Am i doing the right thing?Why did i accept only if my mother found out she'd be utterly disgraced.But i have to do this Its my final chance.My chance to prove that i am meant to go.

Or maybe i'm wrong...

~~~~~~~~ Flashback- The queen ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dane what is this place?"I questioned in awe of the paintings hung on each side of the walls.

"This is the royal room where all the secrets and mischief of this castle are "He replied

I look up at each painting and there is one of a beautiful women with long blonde hair and the most extravagant looking eyes.

"Who is this"

"That is my mother before she risked her life to save the kingdom with her powers "He breathed out in disappointment.

I put my hand on his shoulder comforting him.He gives me a slight smile and takes a deep breath.

"I hope our children won't suffer this fate, I want them to live a normal happy life like all children"

He places his hand on my stomach smiling as he rubs it.

"They can't "I say.

"Why not "

"Because the will inherit our powers"

"Our ?what do you mean by OUR "

"It is i who have inherited my mother's magic  i am a caster "I cried in agony.

He looks at me with unsteady eyes."Why have you not told me this before?

"Because i was afraid that you wouldn't love me for who i was"I spilled.

"Linota i will always love you for the person you are just don't doubt it".

"But our children"

"We'll find a way to keep them away from their powers "

i stare into his loving eyes and barley whisper "I hope"

~~Nixon P.O.V~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why didn't you ever told me about this place"I asked in astonishment as i placed my hand on a photo.

"My son this is the royal room where all our ancestors lay and since you are nearly 15 i can finally show you our secret"

"What secret"I questioned looking at all the huge paintings .

"My son i am not your average queen and your father is not your average king. As you already know Majesty is a magical place but no one has seen such things in decades."

"Of course mother magic doesn't exist"

"Well yes it does Nioxin me and your father inherited it from our parents and its coursing through your veins"

In shock and disbelief i asked her "You have no proof of this"

"Yes i do" She steps back clenches her fist and lets open toa few pink sparks above her palm until it is heated to purple flames floating .

"How are you doing that"I questioned in fright.

"There is no how to magic there is only what and where it comes from."

She says as the small flames become a great ball of purple mist.She then fires her magic onto a little mouse creeping against the corner of the room and it becomes the colour of sunset.

"An orange mouse...will i be able to do that"

"Nixon, you will only inherit these powers once you are at the age of 20"

She brings me to a dark room and shows me magic which hasn't existed for centuries and tells me i cannot have and power until i am of that age.

"Well if i cannot have these powers till i am 20 why did you bring me here"

"Because of the ball.I want you to be aware of the dangers out there and that some of these children may be up to no good when they come.I want you to keep this a secret and protect your people when i am old and frail."

"But thats years away mother"

"I know it may seem like this but i am afraid not child. Now i want to see you in your robes for the ball go get dressed."

Again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyras P.O.V (2 days till ball)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im laying on my bed staring at the crack on the ceiling of my room, thinking about how i accepted to go to the ball without my mother's consent.I have no idea of how i should feel, It's either guilt or happiness.But for now i feel a big plumet of guilt.

I sit up from my bed and grab a book from the shelf beside me.It is one of my favourites but considering all the dust on the book i haven't read it in a long time.It is very expensive to buy books.And sometimes i wonder where my mother gets the money from, as she works as a Clothier sewing clothes and buttons onto them.

As i am thinking about these things i hear a huge bang coming from the kitchen.I jolt down the stairs into the kitchen to see my mother covered in flower while a metal bowl is tipped over on the floor.

"Sorry sweetheart i was trying to make some bread so we didn't have to buy it from mrs ellyn."

I look at her with a happy face and help her up."Mother, why are you making bread don't we have enough money for the bread"

"Yes but darling i want to buy you a dress.I thought about it long and hard and i want you to go to the ball, you deserve it"

She wants me to go to the ball... but i accepted to go with  Luke.I have to tell her... But what if she wont let me go.

"Mother Ms Potts gave me the dress incase you changed your mind"I close my eyes tightly as i say that and wait for her response.

"That is good but you can only go on one condition.Do not come into contact with the prince"

"I understand"

Did i just lie to my mother and get away with it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyra's Mother~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mother Ms Potts gave me the dress incase you changed your mind"She informs me.

I knew  that sorceress is trying to get my daughter killed by her impeccable kind.As a caster it is my duty to protect the future queen of Majesty.

"That is good but you can only go on one condition.Do not come into contact with the prince"

Because if you do terrible things will happen things that are unexplainable.Things that will destroy majesty and everyone living in it...

Sorry that i have posted late i've been doing assessments and it's been a really busy week Hope you are enjoying the book

Sorry that i have posted late i've been doing assessments and it's been a really busy week Hope you are enjoying the book . See you soon.