Part 51(Departure)

Since Arnav was better in comparison to the morning they were downstairs to have food. H.P. placed the food on the table. It was a quiet affair.

It was evening now. Arnav's family would be home soon. Khushi too decided to get back to her flat they were sitting in the drawing-room till the time driver arrives. Though Arnav had insisted that he can drop her there but she strictly denied as she knew he needs rest and as he was still very weak.

Khushi Ji, Mohan(the driver) is here to pick you said H.P.

Khushi nodded and got up so did Arnav. I am coming she said. As soon as Arnav heard it his face fell. So it was the time she would go. This separation was always so unbearable for him. Only if he had a way to stop her. God that was a beautiful day. Her presence had always been like his need. It was after so much time they had spent time together and in a way, it was plenty of time. But then it just feels like time flies so fast when we are with that special one. The time felt so less. It was like as if it was just a few minutes ago she was here and now she was going.

Khushi could see the vulnerability on his face but was her condition any better she too didn't want to go but then she had to go. This wasn't for the first time she felt so. When they were in college and they had just returned from the college trip she felt the same way that she was feeling today.

Flashback

They were in the car he was dropping her home. Both were feeling low. Arnav reached her house. She was about to go out of the car to take out her luggage just then he kept his hand on hers as to stop her. She looks at him.

Jaan, Arnav said.

Yeah, she said. Can we meet tomorrow he asked?

Yeah, why not she said. Now, will you leave my hand I need to take my luggage?

He nodded and came out with her and helped her to keep her luggage in the house.

Jaan I... Nothing I meant Okay bye and he left.

He sat back in his car. She smiles at him so did he but both were feeling hollow from inside. They had a unique bond they were strength and the weakness of each other. She bids him a bye and as soon as his car took a turn a lone tear escaped her eyes.

I will miss you, love.

I will miss you Jaan(he completed sitting in his car)

Flashback ends

Khushi he keeps his hand on her shoulder to bring her back from her own world of thinking.

Let us go he said in a low tone. Sadness was clearly visible in his tone.

Yeah, she moves towards the gate he follows her.

She was about to sit into the car.

Jaan he calls her. she looks at him.

I ... Nothing umm just take care of yourself he said. Even today he didn't know how to tell her this.

I will miss you love she said. This time she wanted to tell him this. She had learned one thing that it is necessary to express love and let your loved ones know what you feel for them. Such moments of affection are soothing not just for the person we say to but for our ourselves too. Arnav looks at her with bewilderment. Did he hear her correct? She was telling such a thing on her own. And hey did she call him to love? Was he getting her back?

Khu.... but he was cut in between Khushi nahi love, Jaan bulayiye(Not Khushi, love call me Jaan).

He hugged her tightly. His tears started to flow. This time he didn't felt the need to hide anything. Jaan that means you have forgiven me? He asked hugging her. Yes, love how can your Jaan stay harsh on you for a long time afterall she loves you a lot. A tear fell on her shoulder. Love are you crying I thought someone is just so much strong. She said still hugging him and gently massaging his hair to calm him down. I will miss you Jaan. I can't stay without you. Can't you stay here? It after a long time I got the glimpse of my real Jaan.