• The Last Day •

Start from the beginning

"Damon?" I called out when I entered his room. He stood by his huge window and his room and is just like I remembered it. I smiled and took a deep breath. The air in this room is kind of woodsy but a hint of spicy cologne.

"Nina?" He mocked me but didn't turn to face me. I walked towards him and stood in front of his body. We were inches apart.

"You left so quickly-"

"I don't want to hear anymore," he said still looking over my head.

I sigh and walk away from his view. "I need you to understand why I'm doing this"

"Why? It clearly doesn't matter what I think" he finally faced me but with anger in his eyes.

"Of course it does! Look, Damon, we will be fine. Me and Elena will drink the elixir; Bonnie will kill Klaus, and then all of this will finally will be over"

"If it works" I sighed and nodded.

"If it works" I repeated quietly.

"Why am I the only one convinced it won't work? Nina, there has to be another way"

"There isn't"

"You're going to die, Nina!" He walked closer to me getting angrier.

"And then I will come back to life!" I shouted back,

"That's is not a risk I'm willing to take"

"I'm scared!" I shouting up at him. Our bodies radiating heat off of each other. Both of us full of emotions just bursting out all at once. "I'm willing to risk everything if it means protecting the ones I love" I sighed and touched my hand to his which he quickly took.

"Nina I can't live without you, I can't lose you" he spoke softly caressing the ring on my finger.

"You won't," I said smiling. I gently kissed his stubby cheek and then began to walk out of the room.

A sudden breeze hit me and Damon was in front of me. "Maybe there is another way"

"What-?" I looked up at him confused. Damon's eyes suddenly turned black and veins appeared on his face. He bit down on his wrist and I realized what he was going to do. "Damon, no!" My eyes widened in fear. "Damon, please no!" He shoved his wrist against my mouth against my pleas. Suddenly this blood entered my mouth and it was too late.

No! I'm going to become a vampire! How can he do this to me? Someone! Stefan help me! I screamed against his wrist as his blood entered quickly into my body.

His eyes burned into mine with tears falling from them. The horror was finally gone when he was off of me but I landed hard against the floor. "What did you do?!" Stefan's voice appeared above me.

"Oh my god!" Elena rushed over to me.

"What did you do!?" I tried to cough or puke out the blood that suddenly entered my body. But nothing worked he gave me so much. I wiped the blood from my mouth. Stefan came over to me to check if I was ok.

"I saved her life!" Damon shouted "You're so bent on dying, at least this way I know you'll come back" Damon glared down at me. What's wrong with him!

"As a vampire!" Elena screamed. "A vampire Damon!"

"It's better than nothing else" he spoke.

"How could you of all people take that choice away from her?" I screamed and cried knowing that I won't ever be human again.

"Go ahead wish me an eternity of misery, believe me, you'll get over it" I glared up at Damon. I hate you! I wanted to scream at him.

"Ahhhhh!!" Stefan suddenly pushed Damon as hard as he could against the wall.

"Stefan!" Elena yelled as she hugged me against her body.

Damon got back up with incredible speed and pinned Stefan to the wall. "Admit it! You just wish you had the balls to do it yourself"

I gasped as Stefan grunted and pushed Damon off of him. He threw punches in a blink of an eye one after another. I screamed out both their names but then Damon turned and grabbed something from under his bed. "Damon no!" He stabbed Stefan in the stomach with a piece of broken wooden furniture.

"Stefan!!" Me and Elena screamed. She ran to him but I couldn't move from the floor.

"What the hell is going on?" Aunt Jenna and Ric appeared at the door.

"Oh my god" Aunt Jenna gasps as she runs to me.

"Get the hell out!" I scream at Damon. "Get out!" Damon left in a flash and all you could hear was Stefan's groaning in pain.

Once Stefan was healed I sat on one of the couches downstairs with one of Stefan's blankets wrapped around my body. Stefan was talking with Elena in the other room for a few minutes and they later both came back to talk to me. "Is your little meeting over?" I asked annoyed.

Elena couldn't even look at me and Stefan had a sad look on his face. "Everything is going to be ok," He said softly to me as he sat next to me.

"How could he do this to me? Huh? Why me?" I thought he loved me I thought he cared. But, I was wrong.

Stefan suddenly took my hand in his and squeezed it "He cares about you Nina, He's worried and when he is even a little worried he does stupid shit like this" Elena left sometime after that. I knew she didn't want me to become a vampire but that is exactly what is going to happen. "I can tell Damon cares about you a lot," Stefan says suddenly.

"If he cared he wouldn't do this Stefan!"

"I can see it in his eyes, Nina, Damon loves you and you, you love him too" He spoke with a deep voice, his eyes not meeting mine.

"Stefan you're hiding something from me" I state spotting his nervousness.

"No its nothing," He said and suddenly he was gone from my side.

I made my way out the Salvatore boarding house, the night was bright with the moon's light. "Hello, darling" I gasped and turned around to see a man with dirty blonde hair and dark green eyes. They seemed emotionless, as they stared me down.

"Klaus?" My eyes widen he wasn't anything like I expected him to be. He wasn't scary and was definitely not a guy you would think to be a murderous maniac. 

"In the flesh," He said raising his arms and showing his body. "I thought you would never leave that house" He spoke with a strong British accent.

"Well, I did" I have to stay strong.

"Nina?" I turned around to find Stefan staring with wide eyes.

"It's ok Stefan"

"Shall we go, love?" Love, darling, this was a mask to hide his hideous monstrous side. It was easier this way.