Bloom

If I were a Zombie😜

I walk into school early, once again. I walk over to the bleachers, and I see the group of Gene's friends again. I walk up, but notice that Gene isn't there. I start to slowly walk away, but one of them, Damien I think, smile at me.

"Gene told me to say that he'd be a bit later today," He informs, "But you can still sit with us today."

"Uh... no thanks..." I say politely.

Sasha sighs, "C'mon, we don't bite."

I carefully sit next to Damien and he smiles warmly at me. "Thanks for giving us another chance, we're all really sorry."

Everyone nods in agreement, except for Zane. "Speak for yourselves."

Zenix hits him on the head, "Be nice, remember what Gene said?"

I tilt my head, "What did Gene say?"

Everyone is silent for a minute, then Damien speaks up, "Nothing. He was just... upset that we were rude and asked us to be nicer."

"Yeah! He said he'd smash us into a locker if we didn't!" Zenix laughs.

"..."

Damien laughs awkwardly, "Zenix! Stop lying to scare her! Sorry, he does this all the time."

"Oh.." I hesitate, "Nice to know."

I feel a pair of arms hug me from behind. I scream a bit then turn around and slap the person. "HEY!"

I see Gene rubbing his cheek, "Ouch!"

"Sorry, sorry!" I frown.

He shakes his head, "No harm done."

Zane laughs, "SHE CLOCKED YOU!"

Damien glares at him, "Can it, emo-face."

I giggle and Gene hands me a bouquet of blue flowers. I smile, "Thanks, Mr. Yours."

"Anytime, Shortcake." He winks.

"I do have one question," I say. "Why?"

"Read the card." He smiles.

I suddenly notice a small card attached to the flowers. It reads, 'wanna go to a party with me tonight, Shortcake?'

I laugh, "Sure!"

He hugs me, "I'll pick you up at 9, okay?"

I nod. "Alrighty, thank you so much."

Gene walks me to class after I put the flowers in my locker. I wave goodbye and walk in. Kylie runs up to me, "You're walking with him now!? Y/N, he's bad news!"

I shrug and wave a dismissive hand, "What Sophia spread around is lies. He's really sweet."

"Oooh! Is he your boyfriend?!" She asks, squealing.

I roll my eyes and blush a bit, "No."

"What were those flowers for, then?" She says as if she's interrogating me for a serious crime.

"Like I said, he's really sweet." I smile. "He invited me to a party, too."

"Are you sure you two aren't dating?" She asks, once more.

I cross my arms, "Seriously Kylie?"

She throws her hands up defensively, "Just looking out for you."

That night, I put on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a cute white blouse. I brush my hair and let it lay over my shoulders. Finally, I run downstairs and look around. Aaron is on the couch, playing on his computer and Melissa is watching Netflix.

"Where are mom and dad?" I ask.

Melissa pauses the TV, "Work stuff."

Aaron turns around to look at me. "Where are you going?"

"Out with a friend." I answer, simply.

Aaron grumbles, "Who?"

"His name is Gene." I reply.

"Wait, his name? No way, stay home." He says.

Melissa rolls her eyes, "Have fun, Y/N."

I nod and wait out on the porch for Gene. He pulls up on a motorcycle. I run over and he tosses a helmet to me. "Suit up."

I clip it on, "I dunno about this.."

"Cmon," He smiles, "I've driven this thing since I was thirteen."

"Um, that's illegal." I laugh.

He rolls his eyes and laughs, "Shortcake, it was just around the yard. Hurry up and hop on, we have to stop somewhere first."

I nod and hop on. "Let's go."

He reved the engine. "Hold on."

We take off and I almost instantly wrap my arms around his torso. He smirks a bit and speeds up. He pull into an abandoned park and he pops the kickstand out.

He lifts me off the bike and sits me on the ground. "And we have arrived at destination numero uno."

I smile, "What an odd place to be."

"I'll get to answering why we're here in a minute, come slide with me!" He laughs.

I race him to the top of the slide, he won. He slides down and then calls up to me, "C'mon down!"

I slid down and he picked me up at the end of the slide. I giggle and he sits me down onto a bench. He sighs happily. "I wanted to do this this morning, but I was kinda chicken."

I laugh, "What? Go down a slide?"

He chuckles and shakes his head. "Y/N, we've known each other for a few weeks now..."

"Mhm." I smile.

"And I... I really, really like you." He says, avoiding my eyes. "You probably think that's weird."

He sighs and stands up. I grab his hand, "H-Hey! I like you, too."

He hugs me, "Good to know."

I laugh, "Will you... u-um, be my boyfriend?"

He snickers, "Only if you'll be my shortcake."

I giggle and nod, "Now, let's get to that party!"

Whoo! Cliche? Check. Cheesy? Check. Simular to my other books? CHECK CHECK CHECK.