"Prison Cell" (Pintrest prompt+request)

BASED ON THE PINTREST PROMPT "This is a nice change of scenery." "It's a prison cell." "I was being sarcastic!"

Dedicated to unicorncantremeber

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Scott should've known at this point not to follow Stiles to crime scenes in the middle of the night that the human had heard his father discussing.

The first time, they went to go find half a dead body in the woods, and it resulted in him becoming a werewolf, which turned out to be amazing, but the next few times did not go well.

From following a armored car and getting into a minor wreck, leaving both of them taking three weeks to heal, to the werewolf getting shot and almost dying while they were tracking down a murderer, it was almost routine at this point for Stiles to beg him to come look into a crime scene, and this night was no different.

Scott was restringing his lacrosse stick when the text came that read.

'Scott. Meet me outside in the Jeep. I got details on the case.'

The case Stiles was referring to was one Scott had taken particular interest in involved private property, and the Beacon Hills police couldn't get a warrant to investigate, but the town where it had taken place, Flare Valley, could, and they did not have a good track record so everyone had assumed it was just an animal attack.

Scott put his lacrosse stick up before throwing a hoodie over his shirtless torso, then went outside and climbed into the passenger seat of the blue jeep.

"What did you find out?" He asked, buckling his seatbelt while Stiles was already driving away from the McCall residence.

"Two things. One, the autopsy came back yesterday, and the body showed markings made by both an animal and a human."

"A werewolf?" Scott questioned, raising a eyebrow in confusion.

"Something of that nature with a grudge. I'm not discrediting anything." Stiles insisted, before continuing. "Also, the owner of the property was in a boating accident on the lake two miles from the cabin. He'll be in the hospital for at least a week."

"What does that have to do with the case?" Scott looked at the road sign they just passed, before yanking on the wheel, trying to turn around.

"What the hell, Scott!?" Stiles demanded, jerking the wheel away from him and getting back in his lane.

"We are not sneaking onto someone's property while they are in the hospital! Or at all!"

"Do you trust me?" Stiles asked, taking his eyes off the road for a split second to look Scott in the eyes.

"No, I don't!"

"I think you do...after all, you got in my car."

Scott was gonna protest, but then he realized he did indeed trust Stiles in that spur of the moment decision, and so, he leaned back into his seat, dreading all the possibilities of what could come out of this.

•••••••••••••••••••••

A hour later, the two teens made it to the cabin complex that was almost completely closed off with yellow police tape. Stiles responded to that by slinging his backpack over his shoulder and holding a finger over his mouth, insisting for Scott to be quiet.

The older teen stepped over the police tape, then turned on his flashlight, looking for the cabin.

"What number cabin is it?" Scott whispered, stepping over the wet leaves and branches carefully.